• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Discraft Elite Z Flash

kinger

Birdie Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
I was gifted this disc by my wife and kids.
My oldest son picked it out because it looks cool (tie-dye), so if I do try and exchange it I'd have to get another tie-dye Discraft so I don't hurt his feelings.

Just curious about this disc, and if it's worth holding onto.
What speed would it compare to in Innova terms?
I typically throw fairway drivers, and the Valkyrie is the highest speed disc I throw during a round.
I'll give it some practice throws to see how it is, but can't get it dinged up or too dirty if I do return it.

I would say it is the same speed or a notch higher than the valk. It has some high speed turn like a valk and some low speed fade. You will probably like it.

I've always liked the Flash a lot, particularly the Z Flashes. For me it was very comparable to a Champ Orc. I often used them interchangeably.

They're kind of all over the place as far as stability, but in general they're a pretty easy to throw speed ~10 disc. I'd recommend them more if they weren't so inconsistent.

i like my Z flashes a lot, they are my speed/distance disc. i only throw the old stamped ones, they have pretty flat tops. i can really get behind them and blast on a straight line with dependable fade. it's been a good wind disc for me. when they start to beat and get flippy they get even longer

I like the Flash too. It feels like it flies out of my hand. the older runs are definitely more overstable. once they break in they are $$$$

Since you havn't been playing for a long time, this driver might be a little much for you, but I would say keep it, and as your game gets better, this disc might find it's way back in the bag. I say take it an open field and see how it flies for you. I always field test any disc I get , before I take it to the course

Since you havn't been playing for a long time, this driver might be a little much for you, but I would say keep it, and as your game gets better, this disc might find it's way back in the bag. I say take it an open field and see how it flies for you. I always field test any disc I get , before I take it to the course

This is what I was thinking, I'll give a few throws soon and see how it does. My form off the tee does seem to be improving recently.

Over stable drivers are generally good for windy days right?
I might keep it for this immediate need and hopefully grow into it soon.

Ended up exchanging the flash for a similar looking tie dyed Avenger SS.......ended up being a remarkably great decision.

Latest posts