• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discraft Factory

Stretch Armstrong had lopsided balls? Don't you mean Lance Armstrong?

irony.jpg

Pretty cool...so can you buy direct from there? I would have a tough time not seeing if they needed and seasonal help on the weekends:)

I used to live close to a toy factory and in heavy rains, you would get Flex Armstrongs and inflatable balls floating down the street. I wonder if you'll ever see a disc floating your way...

Oh, and grab me a stack of Banger-GT Soft Xs please.

I could just imagine discs floating by me and thinking WTF???? Then grabbing them up so quick I look like a meth head in a drug store.

So if you can buy directly from them, do you know how much it would cost to buy the discs and have them shipped in comparison with buying them locally? And could you put that on a multi colored graph? I need variables for distance traveling and types of plastic.

Just kidding. Just a little math humor. But seriously, what is the comparison?

He means that it costs the same to ship ONE disc from them as it does for TEN of them.

I want to buy ONE disc (a custom disc ONLY THEY SELL} and it's a $15.00 disc that would cost $28.32

That's not really worth it to me.

\/\/

This, I'm not complaining about the misprint deal at all, I was really just making a joke, relax :).

Yea...if I lived that close, I'd probably keep sending in applications to work for them. Even if it was like 1 day a week and just a factory worker. Then...I'd secrectly make different molds in plastics they weren't normally available in....first up FLX Banger GTs and FLX Wasps.

So if you can buy directly from them, do you know how much it would cost to buy the discs and have them shipped in comparison with buying them locally?

You actually buy them at www.sportsdiscs.com and then you can choose to pick them up, they only sell misprints and rare discs from that store, so the prices are high for rares (obviously) and the misprints are between 40 and 60 for ten discs.

The shipping however is the SAME for ONE DISC as it is for the TEN.

So living nearby means people can buy those rare discs, have somebody close pick them up, and then have that person ship it.

They can tip their shipping and handling guy, and still save like $8.00

\/\/

I didn't get to really go in ( damn I suck ), but when I saw the bay doors open with boxes stacked, I wanted to go Scrooge mcduck style.

Yeah the one disc shipping sucks...daredevil does the same, they have a bunch of 6-9 dollar misprints but 13 shipping as well which totally makes it not worth it.

BTW, I did a 5lb 12" cube on UPS and it was 11.45 so it really isn't worth it for him to ship misprints, especially when you consider you should spot him a disc or give him a few for doing it.

Definitely worth it for singles though.

Could you get me a job in the area? I would really enjoy living that close to Discraft.
No joking - about 1 mile down the street from Discraft's factory, Ford recently closed down the largest auto plant in the U.S.. Throw in all their corporate layoffs, even more at GM, and don't forget Chrysler, plus the supply base and logistics companies.

Looking for a job in the metro Detroit? Take a number and get in line.

...now serving number 85,623.

Last edited:
I'm not sure it's in Discraft's best interests to hire disc golfers. "Dammit! Who keeps making all these FLX Cyclones?!" "Why are we missing 250 CryZtal Buzzzes?!"

I now live about 200 yards away from the discraft factory! I've been thinking about breaking in and stealing plastic... haha!

just felt like sharing....

good day.

Is that a long par 3 or a tough par 4?

i don't think they actually make discs at the warehouse in discraft's case- i was told they farm out their injection molding (that was a long time ago... may not still be the case.)

i don't think they actually make discs at the warehouse in discraft's case- i was told they farm out their injection molding (that was a long time ago... may not still be the case.)

In a Ripley's Believe it or Not, they showed Steady Ed's ashes being poured into the plastic mixer at Discraft's Factory. So I believe that they do their own work.

Latest posts