• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discraft Focus

Nah, I'd rather have one putter that I trust and know what it will do. I myself would rather have my discs rely on me and my throw than me and my throw rely on the disc. But that is me. As far as minimalistic... well I like to carry back ups. So if I have one putter mold I have a total of 3 putters in my bag (one dedicated, and two for drives/approach). If I have a putter for each shot (overstable, understable, and plain stable) that is 6 discs right out of the gate. Not to mention you would still want one dedicated putter still. so 7. If you don't carry backups great, but then there are different weights and such.

I guess I'm a fan of bag hyper minimalization. Where I look to carry as few molds as possible. My bag btw is roughly this 1 putter, one mid, one fairway, overstable fairway, big d, overstable big d, and one very understable disc.

But then I carry a few diff weights at spots + backups.

divots or dents in the flight plate (making the disc look like a 4 leaf clover), they generally are good thumb spots. In soft putters you can force them to clover by folding the disc in half, turning 90 degrees and folding in half and repeating. Some putters tend to break in and clover. Some people like it, others hate it.

Thatdirtykid said:
divots or dents in the flight plate (making the disc look like a 4 leaf clover), they generally are good thumb spots. In soft putters you can force them to clover by folding the disc in half, turning 90 degrees and folding in half and repeating. Some putters tend to break in and clover. Some people like it, others hate it.

.....wouldn't that mess with the flight pattern?

What's the Pro-D plastic like on the current Foci? The Ace Race ones were sweet and grippy, but the recent Pro-D Banger GTs that I have gotten are quite slick and not great putter plastic. Is that what the current Foci are like as well (slick = blech)?

And to repeat somebody else's question. How do the Pro-D and X plastics compare for flight characteristics?

I wonder if Dave M. regrets agreeing to rename the Apache now that the Focus came out...

josser said:
What's the Pro-D plastic like on the current Foci? The Ace Race ones were sweet and grippy, but the recent Pro-D Banger GTs that I have gotten are quite slick and not great putter plastic. Is that what the current Foci are like as well (slick = blech)?

apparently the texture of the pro-D plastic depends on the color. I had a yellow Focus that was super soft and grippy, it was just delicious in your hands. my buddy recently bought a green Focus and it is by far the most rigid, stiff, slick plastic I have ever felt. it almost rings with a musical tone when it hits the pin, and sounds like a hubcap when hits the ground and rolls.

anyone else notice this? I know someone earlier posted about the green ones being stiff, but what have people found other colors to be like?

I have a real good beat one, it is straight with very little fade at the end. About like a nice beat wizard. I would trade it to ya if you want it, I do not throw Foci.

All the Foci I've thrown have been WAY less HSS than any Wizard I've thrown. This really puts me off them.

jubuttib said:
All the Foci I've thrown have been WAY less HSS than any Wizard I've thrown. This really puts me off them.

My soft x Focus 173 is more HSS than my most overstable Wizard that is e hpp 175 gummy.

Latest posts