• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discraft needs to step their game back up'

I feel like Discraft hasn't really expanded their footprint while the sport has grown, meaning they're losing proportionate market share but still doing the same amount of business. Newer companies are making yuge gains while Discraft plods along at the same rate.

I forget where, but someone made an excellent point that they aren't doing enough to market the first husband/wife duo of disc golf World Champions. I know Nate and Val are busy, but even a little social media goes a long way these days.

Signing Paul would be (will be?) a big step in the right direction. He's a one-man marketing machine, and he'll help get more eyeballs for the rest of the brand as well.

Fun to speculate on McBeast's mold selections if/when he makes the swap. Force or Nuke? Wasp vs. Buzzz vs. Meteor? McRoach? Not sure what the Discraft Teebird3 would be, perhaps an entirely new mold.

Fun to speculate on McBeast's mold selections if/when he makes the swap. Force or Nuke? Wasp vs. Buzzz vs. Meteor? McRoach? Not sure what the Discraft Teebird3 would be, perhaps an entirely new mold.

Assuming it doesn't allow him to throw a mixed bag I suspect he will bag a lot more molds at the Memorial while he's experimenting than at the 2019 USDGC.

My Prediction for first "in the bag" video:

Force
Pred
Heat
Vulture
Undertaker
Wasp
Comet
Zone
Magnet / new putter / new variation

Assuming it doesn't allow him to throw a mixed bag I suspect he will bag a lot more molds at the Memorial while he's experimenting than at the 2019 USDGC.

Force
Pred
Heat
Vulture
Undertaker
Wasp
Comet
Zone

This could definitely use its on thread......... McDiscraft Bag Predictions

He's shown preference for the slightly slower OS utility discs in the past, for example switching from Monster to FB then even FD3 for a time. So Machete and even Flick might be too speedy for his taste. Predators are not that crazy. Maybe a FT version?

There's actually kind of a gap in the Discraft flight chart for fairway-ish speed OS utility. Room to grow.

I feel like he'd be more likely to go Wasp or Hornet, rather than Buzzz. He's preferred beaded mids in the past. Well...except for the Mako3. Hmm.
Certainly has excelled with non-beaded putters. Hence my McRoach prediction.

He's shown preference for the slightly slower OS utility discs in the past, for example switching from Monster to FB then even FD3 for a time. So Machete and even Flick might be too speedy for his taste. Predators are not that crazy. Maybe a FT version?

There's actually kind of a gap in the Discraft flight chart for fairway-ish speed OS utility. Room to grow.

I feel like he'd be more likely to go Wasp or Hornet, rather than Buzzz. He's preferred beaded mids in the past. Well...except for the Mako3. Hmm.

I'm thinking:

McRoach, McBuzzz. McWasp, McUndertaker, McVulture, McMachete, McForce

Force
Pred
Heat
Vulture
Undertaker
Wasp
Comet
Zone

I would imagine him throwing a Crank before a Heat.

Machete isn't really faster than an FD3. There are lots of flat top predators out there, I've got one in my bag currently. Since he'd be able to get them from the factory (or have them run for him, which is just as likely) it could definitely be an option.

There's not really a gap for OS utility. The speed 5/6 buzzzOS to the predator isn't really much of a jump. Not ever single disc wing width needs a full stability lineup, imo.

Hornet is off the table probably - it's been OoP for at least this whole season. A CT plastic Wasp would be cool. The aftershock would be most similar to a Roc3 flight I think. A beaded mako3 you say? How about a comet! And, CT Challengers for everyone! (or Roach? but I think challenger would sell better)

Force
Pred
Heat
Vulture
Undertaker
Wasp
Comet
Zone

I 100% do not think this will be the case. Putter choice is largely about the feel. Magnet feels nothing like a beadless Aviar.

Challenger is beaded, so I don't see that happening.
Some of those molds Victor mentioned, I haven't even heard of! Lol, not that up to date on the recent Discraft stuff. (Or even some of the older stuff, either.)

Challenger is beaded, so I don't see that happening.
Some of those molds Victor mentioned, I haven't even heard of! Lol, not that up to date on the recent Discraft stuff. (Or even some of the older stuff, either.)

I don't like beaded putters either, the challenger feels much closer to a beadless aviar than a BB aviar for sure.

The aftershock is actually a DGA mold, but yeah some of those are newer Discraft stuff. They really started to update their lineup a few years ago (same with DGA)

One of my first thoughts on this was the midrange. I don't see him throwing Buzzes and wondering about bagging DGA? Would that be a thing that would be allowed with such a high profile contract?

So from my limited experience with the molds one of my first thoughts is the Quake seems it would suit him more than the Wasp... thoughts?

So all these putter predictions and comparisons of the Roach to the Aviar when the closest thing in the Discraft lineup to an Aviar is the Challenger SS. I would shocked if he's not putting with that.

Latest posts