• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

discs in the dishwasher?

Hector Chain

Par Member
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Has anyone tried washing their discs in the dish washer? I was going to wash the snowy and muddy gunk off my discs in the sink and then eyed the dishwasher...no idea if this ruins discs or not.

I have heard of some disc melting a bit when put in the dishwasher. I didn't ask but I'm assuming the heated dry option was left on.

Yeah, just do it the old fashion way. Soap and warm water in the sink! Works great! I will add a question to that.

I used a Clorox wipe. It cleaned the disc really well (lightly soiled). Rinsed it off immediately so no damage from bleach (didn't want to take the chance).

Maybe I won't add a question to that! I will say this, I use a Clorox clean up spray w/bleach on my white discs (not straight bleach, this is a cleaner) . A couple of spritzes and it makes the white discs whiter! I haven't used it on my colored discs yet, so I can't say if it affects the color.

I use the kitchen wipes. Should be pretty safe as they are safe to use on counters where food goes. No problem with the colors on my disc or my kitchen counters.

if they are super dirty, i run my discs under the bathtub faucet....

sometimes i clean my discs with windex....

I use the kitchen wipes. Should be pretty safe as they are safe to use on counters where food goes. No problem with the colors on my disc or my kitchen counters.

Cool, I've got wipes. I just wanted to hear some one else say that they didn't have a problem with the colored discs! I was looking for a minesweeper! :D

Glad to be of service! Throw a canister in your trunk to clean the discs off after every round and you'll never have that filthy feeling again.

Glad to be of service! Throw a canister in your trunk to clean the discs off after every round and you'll never have that filthy feeling again.

Exactly, plus I want to get off any Poison Ivy or anyother crap that might want to hang around! God only knows what's in standing water!

Thanks for the advice. Old-fashioned elbow grease it is!

And yeah, I'm new to the forums, but have been looking at reviews for a year or so.

Latest posts