• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

discs in the dishwasher?

Hey Hector! Just saw I'm not too far from you. I live in Leominster but work at Logan.

Need to change my location. I actually moved this past summer from Massachusetts to Nebraska. Good news is I have several courses within 20 minutes of me, which wasn't the case in Newton. But I do really miss Maple Hill, Devens, and Borderland.

About twice a year I wash my discs in warm water with dish soap and a scrubbing brush, gets them good and clean but doesn't do anything to the stamp or the plastic.

About twice a year I wash my discs in warm water with dish soap and a scrubbing brush, gets them good and clean but doesn't do anything to the stamp or the plastic.

Yeah I do the same, except instead of a scrubbing brush I use a green scrub-pad. I do it usually 1nce a month when its warmer out.

There was a thread on this site a while back about the dishwasher and some good debate from both sides. Personally I think that it could potentially warp the disc if the heat option is on. I don't risk it and scrub them with soap and water about twice a year is all.

Just washed my discs a little bit ago. Definitely hand washed them and didn't use a dishwasher. It'll take you only a few minutes to wash them depending on how many you have.

I've just been using windex and a terry cloth towel. Aside from any nicks and scrapes, it keeps them looking new.

Someone mentioned armorall? I'd think that would leave the discs way too slick and ruin the grip.

David

Chlorine and alcohol (most Windex like glass cleaners) will dry out the oil in plastic. I wouldn't use them very often. As for the dish washer, never. I just use dish soap and water.

I don't understand why people clean their discs, its not going to affect the flight unless its caked in mud. I think you guys have some kind of OCD. I've never washed any discs and only wipe them off with my towel when Im playing.

I don't understand why people clean their discs, its not going to affect the flight unless its caked in mud. I think you guys have some kind of OCD. I've never washed any discs and only wipe them off with my towel when Im playing.

I always think about cleaning my discs and then I remember I'm too lazy to do something like that.

depends on "dirty" conditions.

People are picky about grip.
If my disc is dusty i have to wipe it off because it does not have grip.

I dont mind my discs a tiny bit dirty. I think it helps grip a little bit.

Yes but do you wash your towel?;)

Seriously though there will be two or three times a year where my discs will get muddy enough to require a good cleaning. The clay that we have around here holds water quite well (lots of puddles) and is pretty sticky.

Latest posts