• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disk Weight

You have to compare 'like' things where weight is the only difference.
Discs - take discs of the same mold but different weights. They are the same. Same shape, etc.
Balls - a whiffle ball is plastic with holes and a baseball is rubber or cork center wrapped in yarn and covered with white horsehide or cowhide. Now, change the inner material (rubber/cork) to something that reduces the weight. Now you have a true comparison.

Well if you take a solid plastic ball (I have a few the size and weight of a baseball) and then one of those plastic air filled playpen balls for kids, the solid plastic ball goes easily 2-3 times as far if not further, depending on who's throwing it. The point still stands I just wasn't as specific as maybe some of y'all's taste would prefer hahaha

Discs are only dealing with 10-15% difference in weight. It's easier to determine the difference when it's more like 2-300%, that's why I was using such an extreme example.

We wrapped wiffle balls with electrical tape. It was a very different game.

Latest posts