• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2024 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

As an on-topic reply...

I think Innova is banking on the marketability of Väinö vis a vis his social media following. Dont remind me about Ms. Montgomery (ex Panis)! I know, i know. Väinö has game. This move might revitalize his game even more.

For the kids at home who werent around, anyone remember what the team was that Prodigy was rolled out with? How did they fail with that bunch?? I think thats gotta be the most star studded team ever to be, or ever will.

As an on-topic reply...

I think Innova is banking on the marketability of Väinö vis a vis his social media following. Dont remind me about Ms. Montgomery (ex Panis)! I know, i know. Väinö has game. This move might revitalize his game even more.

For the kids at home who werent around, anyone remember what the team was that Prodigy was rolled out with? How did they fail with that bunch?? I think thats gotta be the most star studded team ever to be, or ever will.
I think prodigy failed because they became what they sought to get away from.

Re: early Prodigy team
This isn't basketball, so a high-profile player-driven marketing strategy won't work in DG. Might have been closer to pulling that off during or past-pandemic, but 12 years ago there weren't enough eyeballs to make that idea work. I mean, it was founded by former players, so it's not a total surprise that the players and not the manufacturing was the early focus.

"but 12 years ago there weren't enough eyeballs to make that idea work."
so no, Discraft didn't. In fact, 12 years ago they were making domey Zones and missing deliveries to vendors, had very few pros and spent most of their focus on Ultimate.

Arguable whether they have signed more than one player who has actually boosted the brand- maybe as many as 3 if you count Paige and Brodie. Either way most of their boost was on Paul's coattails.
Yeah, Discraft 15 years ago, or so, was really a focused on young bombers with maybe a couple of big names (primarily Nate Doss) while Innova had all the heavy hitters. To be fair, Discraft had some good players (MJ and Ron Russel earlier), but it was nothing like Innova's lineup (KC, JK, the Jenkins siblings, the Readings, etc.).

When Paul went to Discraft was when they started running their DG team better, IMO. Now, they seem to be trying to position themselves as the superstar brand while Innova is getting older. That is, if Discmania has anything to say about it :)

Might be another company ending underperforming contracts. I thought I saw Kona was going to Europe, not sure he could get that funded by Discmania.

Colten (not ColTON) shared a IG story that said he is not leaving DM. "Last howl" is just related to him moving to the CD1 as signature series disc.

Fwiw the Zeta's moon CD1 was easily the best new disc I threw all 2023

Colten (not ColTON) shared a IG story that said he is not leaving DM. "Last howl" is just related to him moving to the CD1 as signature series disc.

Fwiw the Zeta's moon CD1 was easily the best new disc I threw all 2023
That's good to hear. The Zeta's Moon is my workhorse; I love that disc. The stock CD1 is a bit too overstable in comparison