• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Do You Pick Up Garbage While You Play?

Do You Pick Up Garbage When You Play?

• Always

Votes: 54 33.3%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 88 54.3%
  • Rarely

Votes: 16 9.9%
  • Never

Votes: 4 2.5%

• Total voters
I pick up garbage in 90%+ of rounds played. Sometimes playin' casual the can or bottle will be my marker till the next garbage can. I also carry garbage bags in the dg bag to be used for rain or garbage duties.
Branches are also cleared on most rounds and I encourage others to clear branches and garbage.

If everybody did this......

I do. It really pisses me off when I see an empty bottle laying on the ground. Especially because there are garbage cans all over the park I play at. I understand that sometimes animals pull the garbage out of the cans, but they would not mess with a water, soda or gatorade bottle would they?

The wife and I played three courses today. I picked up trash along the way that bothered me. We played Wilbur Young Park in Blue Springs, MO. prolly one of the most beautiful park like course I ever played, the very tight tunnel shots were tough.. I carried the largest Corona bottle I had ever seen to the next trash can for disposal... My pet peve glass bottles on course???? why bring glass???

I started bringing a plastic grocery bag with me and I'll fill it up during my round. I'm looking forward to the day when I go home with an empty bag.

this thread is set up for a burn so bad.. but it's a mod.. sigh..

yes i pick up trash, i filled up my water bottle with glass at Leigh Farm the other day and there's probably still a horse cart worth laying on #4. Most of the courses I play have trash cans so seeing beer bottles and stuff pisses me off, how hard is it to walk 900 feet with a piece of trash and throw it away.

this is one more reason i propose more people experience life barefoot once and a while, if you go walking through a dg course, the woods or the beach barefoot for a while you'll realize how much broken glass is just scattered about. i love going barefoot but there are some places i can't just can't do it because of dbag lazy drunkards

this thread is set up for a burn so bad.. but it's a mod.. sigh..

yes i pick up trash, i filled up my water bottle with glass at Leigh Farm the other day and there's probably still a horse cart worth laying on #4. Most of the courses I play have trash cans so seeing beer bottles and stuff pisses me off, how hard is it to walk 900 feet with a piece of trash and throw it away.

this is one more reason i propose more people experience life barefoot once and a while, if you go walking through a dg course, the woods or the beach barefoot for a while you'll realize how much broken glass is just scattered about. i love going barefoot but there are some places i can't just can't do it because of dbag lazy drunkards

leigh farm is on a former farm that apparently allowed illegal dumping, ergo there is a bunch of random crap all over the course, one of the reasons i do not like playing there

I try and pick up what I can. I've always say I'm going to take a day just to pick up all the trash, but I haven't gotten around to it :\

Yes, all the time. i hate it when people litter, and it really gets on my nerves when people throw trash on the ground when there is a trash can 10 feet away. are people really that lazy?

I don't understand why people think this thread is going to be a 'burn,' its a good reminder to do your part and contribute to the sport. Especially if you are one of those who complain about paying to play; if you can't pay, you can contribute!

^Is that just a reflection on yourself? Maybe you have not been playing long enough or with the right circles to realize what an awesome sport we have out here, and how quickly a course can be pulled?

I'm assuming it's a play on the thread title. Hardy har har :|

lol it's because one person will come in and say they never pick up trash and always toss their butts down, then someone else will come along and make an argument for picking up the trash and that the butt is trash and should be picked up... and like that the thread has hit the iceberg and is starting to sink slowly but surely.

^I know several people that throw their butts on the ground, and I either end up picking them up or at the very least, bury them.

That being said, I don't think any of them would see an online thread and say 'Hey! That's me! I AM part of the problem!' I think the only people that would sit here and actually say 'I litter and you should too!' are totally trolls, and should be banned from the site upon posting, since discussion of illegal activity is not allowed!

I feel that it is the responsibility of others to pick up my natty pounders

leigh farm is on a former farm that apparently allowed illegal dumping, ergo there is a bunch of random crap all over the course, one of the reasons i do not like playing there

i know, but they've really done a good job of breaking that course in and cleaning up a lot of that stuff. it's a great course so it would be a shame for people to just right it off because of it where it came from.

Latest posts