• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Do you play in cold weather?

keltik said:
stoneman said:
I LOVE Castle Hayne's course...it kicks my ass, but I love it. My brother lives in Wilmington. I was talking about Wooster's course above. :)

i suspected you were. Freedlander (Wooster) was the very first course I ever played.

EDIT: Now that I think about it Wooster is real close to Medina (the Jenkins' home town) are there any cool course over there that I missed out on due to ignorance?

Yes, Castle Hayne is an ass-kicker.

Btw Keltik:

Wooster to:
Blendon Woods: 1hr 48 Min
Ohio State: 1hr 49 Min
Griggs Reservoir:1 hr 48 Min

Kinda Far but:
Ohio State to Griggs is 13 minutes
Ohio State to Blendon is 20 minutes

Very fine courses and if you have time, you can hit all three in a day easily.

stoneman if i were like you and didn't play any course farther than 30 minutes away i wouldn't be able to play at all.

nothaz i don't live in OH anymore. but thanks for the course suggestions.

Hey stoneman, how were those courses?

I am thinking of doing a roadtrip to Massillon soon to visit some friends. Will probably have time for one round. Which should I hit up?

Man, Massillon & Deis are my favorites...Canton is great too, and it's 24 hole. I play Deis all the time because it's about 2 minutes from my house...but I love going up to Canton. I hate to recommend one over the other, and then have you hear one of the others was better. :lol: You could log on to ohiodiscgolf.org and get more (and better educated) opinions.

I'll play some in the winter months. granted the parks don't pull the baskets out in the middle of November. There used to be a couple that did that every year in October even, but has been changed since then.

I tend to play a little better in the cold. Have no clue why, but I just like the coldness better.