• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Does anyone ever return discs?

We've only lost 2 and 1 was a "found" that had neither the original owners nor our name & # on it.

The other, however, was hubby's favorite and beloved Avenger SS, lemon yellow with a DD Basket dye on it....pretty distinctive, I'd think, with name and number clearly inked on the bottom. He lost it on hole #16 at Northend Riverside last Saturday, so he let others that we passed or that passed us know, hoping to get it back. We just happened to go back there the next day, thinking we'd go hunt for it again. As we're headed for the cross-over between holes 3/4 and 17/18, we see one of the groups of kids from the day before. Hubby happens to notice a flash of lemon yellow as one of the kids tries to tuck the Avenger underneath his disc to hide it from view :mad:. Hubby yells up to him "hey, that's my disc" and describes it, so the kid grudgingly gives it back. Grrrrrr...:mad::mad: I wish the kid mucho bad juju!

We've only lost 2 and 1 was a "found" that had neither the original owners nor our name & # on it.

The other, however, was hubby's favorite and beloved Avenger SS, lemon yellow with a DD Basket dye on it....pretty distinctive, I'd think, with name and number clearly inked on the bottom. He lost it on hole #16 at Northend Riverside last Saturday, so he let others that we passed or that passed us know, hoping to get it back. We just happened to go back there the next day, thinking we'd go hunt for it again. As we're headed for the cross-over between holes 3/4 and 17/18, we see one of the groups of kids from the day before. Hubby happens to notice a flash of lemon yellow as one of the kids tries to tuck the Avenger underneath his disc to hide it from view :mad:. Hubby yells up to him "hey, that's my disc" and describes it, so the kid grudgingly gives it back. Grrrrrr...:mad::mad: I wish the kid mucho bad juju!

Was the kid's name: War Eagle?

Well I have new hope that people do return discs because I lost one yesterday. I lost a Champion Teebird on Hole 13 at Giles Run (great course BTW). So I am hoping it comes back to me.

That's like what I'm trying to get going in the More FAQs thread.

Just need people to start submitting the answers....

I offered to write an FAQ for beginner DGers and submitted it on the above thread. I hadn't seen this thread ERicJ - what a great idea and an another opportunity to contribute to the site.

I'm so glad to have stumbled onto this thread. I have found over 30 discs in the 3 months I've been playing (there are a couple of water spots I'm not afraid to go into on some of the courses around here) and I have called the phone number on each and every one.

Today I pulled TWELVE discs out of the water next to #7 on the Live Oak City course, and 7 had numbers on them. Luckily 5 people are getting discs back tomorrow at The Alamo City Open here in San Antonio.

It's frustrating because I've lost 3 discs, each clearly labeled with name and number and have never gotten a phone call. I call people because it's the right thing to do and $14 worth of plastic is no price for a clear conscience. I wish I could run into whoever has my Buzzz, I'll tell you that. I also saw some guys with hip waders and a rake in Austin at the Steeplechase course a few holes after I'd put a disc into some water and couldn't go after it that day. I asked them to call me when they got over to where I dropped in and I'd go grab them a burger. I saw them heading over that way with their tools and waders, and never got a call. I should have followed them I guess.

I've gotten to keep a few really sweet discs, and the sheer joy people greet you with when you call them to return their disc to them is really worth while.

So does anyone know what the guys who are hardcore about disc fishing do with all the ones they collect? Are they reselling USED discs with phone numbers on them somewhere?

We don't fear cold either. It gets plenty cold down here on the edge of the desert. It's just hard for me to imagine playing DG in the snow.

I have never actually found a disc with contact info on it surprisingly enough, but I put my name and phone number on all my discs but have yet to have one returned to me, hopefully that will change seeing as how I just lost my Glo Roc the other day...

I just got a disc returned over the weekend. I got a message from someone that they had found my cheetah, and left it in the mailbox by the first tee (apparently for this purpose). I went by two days later, and my disc was still sitting in the box waiting for me.

I was playing my University course this morning when the maintainence worker drove by and tossed a Star Wraith to me. I check for a number (secretly hoping there wouldn't be) and there was, so I called the guy and he's coming on Wednesday to pick it up.

Felt good returning a disc. Hopefully someone will return one of my many lost discs.

dunno if i've commented in this thread yet (kinda drunk), but i've returned all 3 that i've found.

the same as is noted in my sig; because i'm proud to be in the minority that actually returns lost plastic.

i've never lost a disc myslef, but if and when i do, i hope that courtesy is reciprocated.

I always try to return discs but I would ahve said a week ago that I almost never get discs back that I lost. However I lost three in the past week and got calls on all three.

If I can avoid it, I don't like to go to the hassle of coordinating with the owner to return found discs, so I always take them to a reputable "lost & found": a state park office, or a local disc golf shop that I know will call the owner and hold onto the disc for a reasonable amount of time.

I absolutely return discs. If I have my cell phone on me and I'm playing a casual round, I'll usually call within a few minutes of finding it. I called once, and noticed a guy a few holes over pick up his phone. It was pretty funny, it turned out he ended up forgetting it after using it as a marker.

Saturday I was given back a disc I lost years ago---I'd guess about 6.

I guess someone found it, held it, used it, and lost it again during that time. But it was a DX disc in reasonably good condition, so hadn't been used too much.

A testament to the power of sharpies.

Sharpies rewarded

I got a call from Hudson Mills this morning. Someone turned in my beloved beat-to-heck Cheetah that I lost during the infamous round triggering this thread. I can now proudly say I've returned one and had one returned to me :)

The Cheetah was the last disc I had of those given to me by the guy who got me started playing, so I'm just thrilled to get it back.

BLM

A guy that I have played with before but not that day comes walking up to my teebox. I was wondering what he was up to because he was by himself, then I notice he's carrying a pink disc that had my mark on the top. This pink disc, my favorite and only CE Teebird. A disc Irreplaceable.

I about lost my lunch. I remembered playing it a few holes ago, but had no clue it wasn't in my bag. The guy, who was with a large group and let our group play through a few holes earlier, walks up doesn't say a word just has a half smirk on his face. I say, "well, let's take a look in my bag and see if there's anything you might want."

He says "I don't want anything as he hands it over to me, it's karma dude" I shake his hand he turns around and walks back to his group.

I gained a little faith in the DG community that day. I think I will make a contribution to the local DG club in his name - I am sure we are members of the same club but his name escapes me at the moment. As many discs as I have lost and have never been returned don't mean anything compared to this one moment of honesty and integrity.

I'm a firm believer in found disc karma. I not only get more discs back after I return a found disc, I also play better.

One time a guy was so thankful when I gave him back his "Worlds Biggest DG Weekend" Aviar that he gave me a brand new bowl (pipe) as a "thank you", I named it Karma. :D