• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Wanted] Donations: Elementary School, Kids discs

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisWoj

Common Core Crusader
Silver level trusted reviewer
Good morning fine folk of DGCRtopia,

This forum seemed like the best place to post this, out of all the subfolder options - if it needs to be moved I understand!

I'm a part of the Rocket Disc Golf club sports team at the University of Toledo. As a part of our efforts to demonstrate commitment to our community we are annually running a charity drive for schools in our area, to get discs into the hands of children (we've also do work throughout the year with Special Olympics). Consider it both giving back AND driving long term recruitment. ;) We've already secured a large donation from our local PIAS that will help with basket costs, and are looking for easy throwers, lightly used or new, to provide them with all they need to get out and learn the sport.

(*monetary donations accepted as well which would go to other pieces of equipment like minis, birdie bags, or even more baskets depending on how much we raise)

This winter we will be donating to McTigue Elementary here in Toledo, Ohio. The program is called Holiday Birdies, and will be launching on Facebook in the next day - to run through the first week of December. (link will be in a response below) If anyone is interested in helping bring disc golf to children in our region, send me a PM and I can let you know how you can donate!

Thanks for reading!

Can you guys cover shipping? I've got a pile of putters that never get thrown anymore.

I have a stack of DX Leopards, Leopard3s, and Cheetahs left over from a clinic I ran this summer. Let me know if you're interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.