• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dynamic Discs Open Coverage Air Dates Set on CBS Sports Network

I suggest researching origins of Xgames, Shaun White, etc. Maybe disc golf should embrace a more young, brash, entertaining ideology instead of wanting to be ball golf with frisbees. The majority of disc golf pros are fairly young, yet we encourage a boring bland persona.

Snowboarding (and skateboarding) became big business because of the lifestyle aspect.

It's "cool" to snowboard and skateboard.

And to look like a snowboarder or skateboarder.

That's why parks and resorts are full of people who can't actually ride or skate, sitting looking cool.

No one outside of disc golf is trying to look like a disc golfer.

well then...surely the 2019 Cornhole Singles Championship would have millions of views.. right? Or.....maybe....only around 40k after a full year on youtube. hmm...

I love cornhole, even made custom boards. Incredibly dull to watch though.

I suggest researching origins of Xgames, Shaun White, etc. Maybe disc golf should embrace a more young, brash, entertaining ideology instead of wanting to be ball golf with frisbees. The majority of disc golf pros are fairly young, yet we encourage a boring bland persona.

Disc golf needs to hire Sal Masekela. That guy can make any sport interesting.

PDGA had a quick blurb from the voiceover guy:

Save what? :confused:

Maybe there was some kind of promo for a discounted PDGA membership? If there was, I missed it. That's the only thing I can think of.

I already save by not being a member.

Snowboarding (and skateboarding) became big business because of the lifestyle aspect.

It's "cool" to snowboard and skateboard.

And to look like a snowboarder or skateboarder.

That's why parks and resorts are full of people who can't actually ride or skate, sitting looking cool.

No one outside of disc golf is trying to look like a disc golfer.

I've said it for years...on this forum... disc golf has no image. That's one of it's biggest problems, and I am convinced it directly relates to the divide of the am/pro sides of the sport. I've seen several users on this forum complain about the growth of the sport but could not care less about the pro side, which is pivotal to any nuclear growth of the sport.

I've said it for years...on this forum... disc golf has no image. That's one of it's biggest problems, and I am convinced it directly relates to the divide of the am/pro sides of the sport. I've seen several users on this forum complain about the growth of the sport but could not care less about the pro side, which is pivotal to any nuclear growth of the sport.
The image on the am side seems to vary a lot by city. Travel around and you might see younger jock types, middle aged professionals, or older burnout/hippie dudes, or a good sampling of each.

Sooo ... one thing I've learned from the broadcasts is that Emporia, KS is ...
The Disc Golf Capitol of the World!! :eek:

At least that is how it is portrayed in the Emporia promo video.

Now, I've never been to Emporia (been to Wichita and all the way out to Garden City), but I know DD is there, they've got a few 4.0 rated courses and have a big party every year for the DDO. But, Disc Golf Capitol of the World?

I don't recall getting a chance to vote on this! I went back to the UDisc Ranking of Top 50 Disc Golf Metro areas, and didn't see Emporia anywhere on the list.

Was anyone else surprised to hear that in their promo video? (I did FF thru most of the non-DG commercials, but thought I would listen to that one.)

So any chance for europeans without VPN to get any idea of the life action? I dont even see the live scores on Udisc.

Appling, GA more likely Disc Golf Capitol with the International Disc Golf Center and HQ for PDGA Global plus 3 top courses for a population of 771 (2017).

I can't knock the Appling/Augusta recommendation, but when I heard Emporia's/DD's claim, my initial thought was...
I bet Charlotte's got something to say about that.

I can't knock the Appling/Augusta recommendation, but when I heard Emporia's/DD's claim, my initial thought was...
I bet Charlotte's got something to say about that.
Looks like Emporia has four 18 hole courses rated around 4 stars on DGCR. One of them being the country club which isn't exactly a destination course in my opinion. Pretty good for a little town in the middle of nowhere but yeah, nothing compared to Charlotte or even Atlanta.