• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Dynamic Discs Vandal

Mine was a good bit less stable than any Escape I've thrown. I'd say it a longer champ Leo or a more stable longer Maverick.

I'd say it a longer champ Leo or a more stable longer Maverick.

Slightly more stable, longer Maverick is exactly how mine flies. I can release both with a decent amount of hyzer and the Maverick will stand up and turn the whole way, pushing 400', while the Vandal will stand up and fly dead straight, maybe turn a little bit for 400'+.

The Vandal will be a great compliment to my Lucid-x Maverick. Explorers will still be my workhorse fairway, but the Vandal/Maverick combo will cover all my turnover, touchy tunnel shot needs beyond 350'.

Threw on of these a lot at the Trilogy Challenge last weekend and it's a pretty good disc. I'd say it's a lot like if they made a slightly more stable Escape, plenty of distance potential, but a little less turn. Sort of like a Stag with a blunter edge and lower dome. Touch of turn a bit of fade and solid if not otherworldly glide.

Was a touch windy and it did turn a bit into the wind but you could hyzer it and make it work for you. I was throwing it up to 380 on a lot of lines BH and hit 400 once on a hyzerflip FH.

Very nice disc with a good fee overall, not going to kick the Stags out of my bag, but if they ever went OOP I'd consider this as a replacement.

Isn't that basically what a Saint Pro is? :confused:

Oh, and *I* care, Moose. I will always care. (I like your vids)

Isn't that basically what a Saint Pro is? :confused:

Oh, and *I* care, Moose. I will always care. (I like your vids)

Was very similar to a St.Pro, just felt a little different.

Really appreciate it! If just a couple of people like them it's worth it to keep shooting.

Was very similar to a St.Pro, just felt a little different.

Really appreciate it! If just a couple of people like them it's worth it to keep shooting.

It's really amazing how bad at making disc comparison videos I lot of people are. "Okay I'm going to spend 30 minutes talking about this new Kong and not once show you a profile shot of it and then I'm going to throw it alongside a beat pro Leopard for some reason against this background-less area so you instantly lose the flight in the blue sky."

Question: why do you grab the disc with your off hand?

On the reach back? It started to make sure I get good extension, but three years later it's just habit.

I always thought that restricted extension.

To a point you are right, but I have some issues with the right shoulder that made the pull really wide when I started that and it was shorter if it didn't.

Maybe now that I've got much cleaner form I'll try to Phase it out.

I finally got a pair of Vandals so I went out field to test them against some other fairways. First off - I love this disc. I love slightly understable glidey fairways as they work well for my game in the tight woods of NC that often don't allow for late fade (tunnel shots). So... the Vandal feels great in the hand with a mild dome and a moderate rim width (feels very similar in hand to an escape). On to flight... I don't have a big arm (a touch over 300) and for me I get a bit of turn followed by a long straight path and just a touch of fade at the end. This is a very long disc disc for a fairway due to the glide and the minimal low speed stability (finishes a touch left but doesn't dump out of the air at all). I compared it to a number of similar discs (neutral to understable fairways) for comparison and the Vandal is right up there with the same or greater distance than any of them (really easy to get distance out of this one). Comparing this disc to others with regards to overall stability I'd say it fits in here Escape>Saint>Vandal=Falchion>Elasto Hatchet (more stable than other Hatchets)>River (Cerberus stamp - understable for Rivers). All of these discs are in the same ballpark so differences are minor. I currently bag Escapes and Elasto Hatchets for my neutral to understable drivers and am not sure if I need to fill this small gap in stability. So... LOVE the VANDAL but not sure I need it - too many discs and only so many slots in the bag.

One thing has me curious. The Vandal flies almost identically to the Falchion and the Falchion never took off in popularity whereas the Vandal seems to be getting great reviews from those who have thrown it. Why no love for the Falchion?

To a point you are right, but I have some issues with the right shoulder that made the pull really wide when I started that and it was shorter if it didn't.

Maybe now that I've got much cleaner form I'll try to Phase it out.

If it's working for you, keep it up. :thmbup:

One thing has me curious. The Vandal flies almost identically to the Falchion and the Falchion never took off in popularity whereas the Vandal seems to be getting great reviews from those who have thrown it. Why no love for the Falchion?

I think the Falchion is longer, but have not been able to throw them side by side. Hope to soon. BTW, I love Falchions.

I'm trying to settle on a fairway between my hatchet and and longbowman. Currently I have a stag there. Any thoughts on the vandal in that slot?

I think the Falchion is longer, but have not been able to throw them side by side. Hope to soon. BTW, I love Falchions.

I practiced for my local Trilogy challenge with a Falchion in place of the Vandal. I ended up liking both discs after I threw them. I do slightly prefer the Falchion, I agree it feels longer. Just being nitpicky but a few times the Vandal flipped over on me and kept riding right, the Falchion seems a wee bit more stable. Could just be disc variation.

If it's working for you, keep it up. :thmbup:

Tried not doing it last week and got nose up a ton, may not make that change for a change just yet.

So I finally got to play my Trilogy Challenge this past weekend, and the TC Vandals flew MUCH different for me than the prototype that I had thrown did. I was only able to get slight amounts of turn out of it, and it largely flew straight with a slightly overstable finish....Has anyone else noticed this, or did maybe our TC have a domey run of them?

So I finally got to play my Trilogy Challenge this past weekend, and the TC Vandals flew MUCH different for me than the prototype that I had thrown did. I was only able to get slight amounts of turn out of it, and it largely flew straight with a slightly overstable finish....Has anyone else noticed this, or did maybe our TC have a domey run of them?

I didn't throw the proto Vandals, but I bought a few TC Vandals from Infinite and they're great flip to flat and glide super straight for a very long time. I didn't get a lot of turn out of new ones, but I have a seasoned TC that is my flip to late turn fairway driver. If I let it go with any amount of anhy it's gonna turn and never come back, though.

I had one TC Vandal that was very much a straight to fade fairway with very slight turn, much like a fresh Stag or TL, and another(same weight and just slightly lower wing profile) that was incredibly hard to manage due to how much turn/lack of fade or had.

There was for sure some variation in those. I don't know that color is the key to it, but the dark blue was stable and orange was flippy.