• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Dynamic Drift

Exovel

Eagle Member
Well, Dynamic just posted a video (to facebook) of a Witness floating through the water with a tagline of "Drift" and said it was coming soon. A new floating plastic it seems. If I could figure out how to embed the video from Facebook I would, but in the meantime... discussion? Thoughts on a floating line of discs? Is it really needed? And will they just be another Dragon/Wahoo?

Decided to take a screenshot to add to the discussion. Enjoy. :popcorn:

Attachments

• Drift.jpg
    Drift.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 96
It's just a video of a disc floating, not too thrilling.

But I don't really get the point of floaters. If it's in the middle of a pond, I still can't get it whether it's on the surface or 20 feet under.

If they found a way to make it float without being super light I wouldnt mind having some floating trilogy plastic.

Need a floating golden retriever to go along with it. I bet you could use some foam pipe insulation to make it do that.

It's just a video of a disc floating, not too thrilling.

Agreed. But it's also another new plastic from the Trilogy. They are just pumping these things out right now... Fuzion, Biofuzion, Lucid, Lucid Air, Moonshine, Fluid, Drift, Hybrid, Classic Soft, Classic Blend, Classic, and Prime.

Agreed. But it's also another new plastic from the Trilogy. They are just pumping these things out right now... Fuzion, Biofuzion, Lucid, Lucid Air, Moonshine, Fluid, Drift, Hybrid, Classic Soft, Classic Blend, Classic, and Prime.

It wouldn't be as bad if they kept the same name across the brands or something that made since across the board.

Innovmania makes since:

Champion = C-Line

Trilogy not so much:

Opto-Lucid-VIP

Most of the water we throw near is rivers, so I actually prefer my (my kid's, in reality) disc to sink and stay put. If it floated, I'd be running down the river bank after it!

I'm sure if you threw over open water this would be a nice option, as long as the molds end up stable enough to handle the wind that's usually associated with that type of shot.

It wouldn't be as bad if they kept the same name across the brands or something that made since across the board.

Innovmania makes since:

Champion = C-Line

Trilogy not so much:

Opto-Lucid-VIP

Just playing devil's advocate here, but throw in Millennium's Quantum and Hyzer Bomb's Recon and Frontline and it starts to look more like Trilogy.

I am with you on this but, I still want to try the "Retro" though :doh:.

I might get in trouble for this but here goes....

Next plastic will be a blend made from recycled tampon applicators...called "Bloodline" :gross:.

I think it's a good idea for the new plastic that can float. I know Innova has 2 discs specifically designed to float, but they also have the Blizzard plastic that has the chance of floating, but to have an entire line of plastic designated for all their discs that floats is awesome. I'd love to get a Trespass with Drift plastic for a specific hole here at my local course. Being a lefty, I have to throw out over the water and let the disc cut back. There have been times where either I grip lock or under throw the disc and it (as well as myself) go for a swim. Let this hit the water and let the disc float back to me.

Innovmania makes since:

Champion = C-Line

Trilogy not so much:

Opto-Lucid-VIP

Triology is 3 companies though. Each have their own name for their Plastic and that's why it's Opto-Lucid-VIP

Arent they all just a bunch of companies that realized that having someone else who already has done the expensive part of the process do your work for you for a little kick back?
If WS, DD, DM, Mill, or HB had to spend that money for equipment and mold pieces and yada yada, where you think theyd be now?

Floating discs suck. I would rather they just sink than taunt me out there. I'm not swimming in the water around our courses either.

I wonder how long before someone who wants a floating DD disc accidentally buys Fluid instead of Drift. :popcorn:

Latest posts