• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Eagle Enthusiasm

Go find the what's this worth thread.

On star eagles, the x I have came with a nice turn. The plastic is a bit softer than normal. The star L I have had almost no turn, and earlier fade. Stiffer than average plastic. Maybe the plastic stiffness effects the LSS?

I'd agree with this. My stiffer Star discs (Barsby Eagles and 2018 Koling a Thunderbirds) are a bit more HSS and LSS than my softer Star discs (stock EX, stock EL and 2019 Koling)

Do your Eagles have a noticeable "ledge" on the top where the flight plate meets the wing?

All of my older Star Eagles are a smooth transition from flight plate to wing. Newer star eagles all have a little ledge where flight plate meets the wing. Like the flight plate is puffing up or the wing is sagging during cooling. The ones with this "ledge" definitely fly more stable than those with the smooth transition, and I definitely prefer my older eagles.

My white double eagle x-outs have the ledge but my orange one doesn't. Two of my CEs that I had (Rest in Pieces) had the ledge too though, though not as extreme. As the newer star. They did fly -1/3 though. Idk, I still like them.

My white double eagle x-outs have the ledge but my orange one doesn't. Two of my CEs that I had (Rest in Pieces) had the ledge too though, though not as extreme. As the newer star. They did fly -1/3 though. Idk, I still like them.

Okay some Innova discs from up to the first run of Champion Discs in DX or in Champion edition and some early Champion had an extra small micro bead on the nose of the rim. Next time in a store that sells Innova look at the DX Stingray at the store, those still have that extra small micro bead on the nose of the rim that I am talking about.

Okay some Innova discs from up to the first run of Champion Discs in DX or in Champion edition and some early Champion had an extra small micro bead on the nose of the rim. Next time in a store that sells Innova look at the DX Stingray at the store, those still have that extra small micro bead on the nose of the rim that I am talking about.

I think you clicked on the wrong post to reply to.

I always figured CE was a different beast all together. My CE Eagle L has a pronounced shelf, and is by far the most stable eagle I have. Like a baby Firebird.

My jolly launcher L is also fairly beefy, and quite stiff, but no ledge. I mostly throw 11x and early soft 12x ELs and they all have a more by the numbers flight.

I do have one EX x-out that has a very soft and thin flight plate. Almost gummy, but the rum is still typical champ type stuff (if typical champ is a thing!) it's the truest to flight numbers eagle I have aside from DX. In fact it flies almost exactly like a fresh DX, but with a little less glide.

Really DX eagles are probably the best flight wise. The only problem being they get chewed up pretty quick around here. I was throwing a DX cycle for a bit until I found that X-out at the store and fell in to a small stack of good L molds. If I ever lose all my eagles, I'd probably just cycle DX again.

I had old dx eagles like this when I say old I'm talking 2000

Let me tell you all something. Do not sleep on star eagle Ls.

I got one to try a while ago, red, fairly stiff medium dome max weight. Played a few rounds with it but didn't click. For some reason I put it in the bag for today's round, after months of sitting on the shelf. This slots in just right between a seasoned X and seasoned L. Not OS, not US, just regular old straight line stable. On a slight hyzer it flips up to just past flat but holds pretty straight, then gets flat and just goes. I was working some real nice woods turn to straight lines on flat rips as well.

So many good eagles, so little time.

I've been feeling like the gap from PD/CD2 to Stalker has been too big for me lately. Sometimes my Glo Z Stalker isn't quite stable enough to really rip on, but my PD's seem a little too fast. Especially in the trees.

So I did a big throw-off today to find a stable fairway to put in the middle. The clear winner was a super old, seasoned DX Eagle. This thing is probably 15+ years old. Pretty sure it's an X-mold. Pretty flat top.

I forgot how much I used to love Eagles, would love to start getting a cycle going again. Would the new DX Eagle-X's fly similarly to the old ones? Or is there a big difference nowadays? Am I better off starting with a Champ or Star, or are those domey now?

I forgot how much I used to love Eagles, would love to start getting a cycle going again. Would the new DX Eagle-X's fly similarly to the old ones? Or is there a big difference nowadays? Am I better off starting with a Champ or Star, or are those domey now?

DX EX's are a bit domey now...but I still like the way they fly. Premiums are a bit all over the place in terms of dome. Heck, they are actually marking E-L's now apparently.

That stinks, I would really want to find a flat one if possible. There are some "vintage" DX's on Marshall Street that are all probably from around the same time period as mine. But it seems dumb to pay $17+ for a DX thrower. Even if it's guaranteed to be nice.

This is the danger of digging through your old stacks. Good luck finding backups if you fall back in love with an old disc!

That stinks, I would really want to find a flat one if possible. There are some "vintage" DX's on Marshall Street that are all probably from around the same time period as mine. But it seems dumb to pay $17+ for a DX thrower. Even if it's guaranteed to be nice.

This is the danger of digging through your old stacks. Good luck finding backups if you fall back in love with an old disc!

I would definitely message an online retailer of choice before buying an Eagle...I was at a Play it Again on Saturday and I saw:

Domey Star Eagle X and L's
Flat Champ X
Domey Champ L
Moderate Dome Champ/Stars

It's nuts...Innova just make them flat to moderate dome! :wall:

I came up throwing Eagles and of the dozens I probably threw back then, exactly zero were domey. CE, 10x KC, 11x Champ, and tons of DX. They were all pretty much the same flat profile. I'm really surprised we never got the Barsby Eagle3.

Latest posts