• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Eagle-L alternatives?

slowarm

Par Member
Maybe this is already discussed here, but I didn't find it...

My dear old Eagle-L is now somewhere deep under the snow. Not hoping too much to get it back one day the snow's gone again. Now that the Eagle-L is OOP and a bit hard to find, my question is: What disc is closest to it?

The obvious answer is a beaten Eagle-X, but if I want to get a the disc to do the same job right away, what are my choices? I have a GL River, that comes pretty close. Any others?

Thanks for the answers. I do own (or at least I did) a SFD. The one I've got is a lot more understable than my lost Eagle-L. I've thrown QJLS occasionally, didn't like it. Then again, it was a long time ago when didn't know how to throw.

I'll check the Rival and XS. Stability wise, is the difference huge between X and Z XS?

Have Champ Eagles been axed? They tend to be L winged. Daredevil Timberwolf is a little glidier a little longer EL.

slowarm said:
Thanks for the answers. I do own (or at least I did) a SFD. The one I've got is a lot more understable than my lost Eagle-L. I've thrown QJLS occasionally, didn't like it. Then again, it was a long time ago when didn't know how to throw.

I'll check the Rival and XS. Stability wise, is the difference huge between X and Z XS?
yes the z and x xs are very different.

I've only thrown eagle x's, but if you're looking for a long straight driver JLS is where it's at.

Suprised it was not mentioned and fairly easy to find go with a TL, a bit different but same speed and good flight

JR said:
Have Champ Eagles been axed? They tend to be L winged.

I'm with you, was unaware that Champ Eagle-L's were gone... Just had a convo the other day with a friend who always said he throws "Eagles" but then complains of anything being too stable.. Finally figured out he only threw champs so they were more than likely all Eagle-L's.

I quit throwing the eagle-l about a year and a half ago when they started to become tough to find. I have been happy with using a c-fd in the same spot in my bag. Its a bit faster but it takes similar lines. The s line ones don't have quite enough fade but are still in my bag.

Patriot is nice. ESP Cyclone is also awesome if you want something with insane glide and a bit more stability.

Unless it is one of the Banshee like overstable bricks. Like mine is. Pure beef little glide. I'd like to throw an ESP Cyclone like you describe to see the flight path and the shape so that if i like i can identify one in a store. As it is i can only identify a not so great Cyclone. This disc is still a miss and miss disc for me with the TPs being way too flippy when new and the ESP being the exact opposite. No other mold i've tried has had such variances and i have sucky luck in having the extreme variations and not the normal ones. Bummer. Having been burned twice i'm not about to buy another not knowing what kind of shape it should be to fly like normal. Meh.

http://www.clearwaterdiscgolfstore.com/innova12timekenclimochampioneaglel-p-3323.html

go buy yourself a NEW eagle L

They're still out there for now, problem is they are going away. Had someone from Innova East confirm that they seem to be trying to move all Eagles over to the X mold.

So if you use them and want backups, get them while you can...

If you're looking to add it to your bag, I won't be cause if I don't want to be stuck trying to find OOP discs...

Latest posts