• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Eagle McMahon Signature Glow C-LINE MD3

SKEPT3K

Was looking for a new mid range, and saw Eagle just came out with a signature MD3. Got it in on Friday, took it out over the weekend, and I'm in love with this disc! :thmbup::thmbup::thmbup:

I was worried it may be too overstable for my arm, but I've been able to get good distance with very predictable fade.

eagle_glow_c-md3_copperflake.png

5 5 0 3

Designed with the power players in mind, the MD3 can handle a lot of power without flexing and always comes back down with a dependable fade. Great reliable midrange for all conditions. Compared to the Discmania hit midrange MD2, the MD3 is more stable both in high and in low speed. Grab yourself a pair – we bet you won't be playing without one, once you've tried this out!

The Glow C-LINE MD3 has a higher dome unlike the flat top European Open "Wolverine" fundraiser disc. These discs are also more overstable than the flat version. If you're looking for Discmania's most overstable midrange, look no further.

Last edited:
If youve ever seen Eagle throw in person, youll know why he needs this disc in his arsenal

I'm actually from Boulder, and have seen him around, very cool kid. That was part of my reasoning for paying $23 for a disc I've never thrown.

I was worried it may be too overstable for my arm, but I've been able to get good distance with very predictable fade.

5 5 0 3

Disc looks cool. Good for Eagle!

As to the overstability, the numbers are not all that far off from the Roc3 (McBeth's favorite), which is 5,4,0,3. And the Roc3 is not exactly a meathook. So I'm not surprised you're getting decent results.

Disc looks cool. Good for Eagle!

As to the overstability, the numbers are not all that far off from the Roc3 (McBeth's favorite), which is 5,4,0,3. And the Roc3 is not exactly a meathook. So I'm not surprised you're getting decent results.

Trust me, the MD3 is a much more overstable disc than any Roc I've ever thrown.

I believe you. My point was only that even overstable discs can have some giddyup-and-go, so the other poster should not be too surprised to have gotten some distance on it. I found that out when I first threw a Gator and it exceeded my glide and distance expectations...

not true. I've thrown 4 different MD3's domey glow champ, flat glow champ, and flat Jolly Launcher and lastly the proto P-MD3.

They were champ roc3-like and even a little less stable. The P-line MD3 were very understable brand new and turned into hyzerflip machines quickly.

Compared to the regular rancho rocs? the P-MD3 is a lot less stable. I bag a USDGC Champ rancho and KC pro's now.

if you go to the discmania facebook user's page you'll see various people complain about how the MD3 doesn't live up to the flight numbers.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/DiscmaniaCollectorsAndThrowers/

I'm not saying the MD3 is a bad disc. Its a great disc that I loved but in the end I wanted a more overstable midrange (more than a roc3 or a MD3) and rancho rocs proved to be.

Sooo... Now I'm curious... These aren't up on the DM Store yet. Where would one acquire this? Gotta support the kid's recovery from that VICIOUS Prius attack! ;)

Heard they are flippy. No beuno for a eaglebigwingflinger signature disc.

It's funny. A pro buddy of mine was testing out some Discmania and he got a couple of CMD3s and one of the first ones he threw was flippy and then the other was more in line with how it should work. Interesting.

Does the MD3 have a bead, and is it more overstable than USDGC Roc's?

It does not have a bead, some people told me its basically a Roc3 without the bead.

Sooo... Now I'm curious... These aren't up on the DM Store yet. Where would one acquire this? Gotta support the kid's recovery from that VICIOUS Prius attack! ;)

They sold out on the first day.

https://store.discmania.net/index.php/discs/limited-production/signature-discs/glow-c-line-md3-eagle-signature.html

I'll update the OP with pics when I get home

Last edited:
I've heard they go OB on the last hole of a tourney :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn: