• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Eagle X

DX is preferable but a little more difficult to find because of all the L molds sitting on the shelves.

My 2 Champ 11Xs are pigs but they can be eventually broken in. I have one that looks thoroughly thrashed but is just starting to get sweet flights. My newish 169 is like a shorter Pred. I don't think they are all as stable as mine though.

Most people seem to really like the Star X but I have no experience with those... yet...

So do you want a slow break-in or quicker gratification and slightly longer flights?

I carry a star, a 10x and a DX... I'd like to get a few more DX. hopefully soon.

I use the star more than any other disc off of the tee. I cant really tell a difference between the star and 10x. the DX beats in nicely and straightens out.

I'd say the eagle is the most forgiving disc in my bag.

I throw the Stars. Love em. Favorite driver. 2 minimum in the bag. One beat and one tuned on the stable side.

I have a champ 11x that is kinda too stable in comparison, but sometimes I use it along with a putter for 2 disc rounds for shits and giggles. Looking forward to checking out the DX when they start showing up on the shelves locally.

Eric O said:
I have a champ 11x that is kinda too stable in comparison

I concur, my Champ 11x 176g EX is Firebird beefy.

I have as available fairway drivers:

Champ 11x Teebird 172g
Champ 12x Teebird 171g

Final run CE TL 175g
Champ TL 171g
Star TL 171g

Champ 11x Eagle-X 176g

Pro Whippet 175g

I'd like to try a SEX but what will it bring to my fairway driver table?

I have a Champ Eagle X 168g that is a very straight flyer. I wish is it was a bit more overstable at times. I also have a 174g that is a bit more overstable but not much.

i have loads of stars and DX but im having a hard time tracking down the champs,anyone have one to offload? :)

niuvalleycane said:

Champ 11x Teebird 172g
Champ 12x Teebird 171g

Final run CE TL 175g
Champ TL 171g
Star TL 171g

Champ 11x Eagle-X 176g

Pro Whippet 175g

I pretty much consider EagleX, Teebird and TL to all be similar discs in the same family. They all have their own individual flight characteristics, but they are similar with regard to speed length and stability. The EX is probably the easiest of the three to flip up, so I'd say it has the most play of the three in the horizontal plane. At my power level (300+ ft with these discs) the SEX is the easiest of these discs to manipulate on a wide variety of lines.

I use Star Eagles for the majority of my controlled distance shots and a Star TL when I want a straighter more direct line.

Eric O said:
niuvalleycane said:

Champ 11x Teebird 172g
Champ 12x Teebird 171g

Final run CE TL 175g
Champ TL 171g
Star TL 171g

Champ 11x Eagle-X 176g

Pro Whippet 175g

I pretty much consider EagleX, Teebird and TL to all be similar discs in the same family. They all have their own individual flight characteristics, but they are similar with regard to speed length and stability. The EX is probably the easiest of the three to flip up, so I'd say it has the most play of the three in the horizontal plane. At my power level (300+ ft with these discs) the SEX is the easiest of these discs to manipulate on a wide variety of lines.

I use Star Eagles for the majority of my controlled distance shots and a Star TL when I want a straighter more direct line.

That's interesting. For me a TL is less HSS than the others Eagle in the middle and a new TB the most HSS. Tl without flashing that is. Eagle X changes with removing the flashing too and can be a little less HSS than a brand new TL. But a new Eagle X is a little more or equally HSS to me than a new TL. My average line drive D for these is approximately 310-320' With 330' and a little beyond quite commonly with the best popping out to 360' rarely. Around 166 for most frequent use, 150 for uphill and longest throws in low winds and 175 for winds.

In winds on max power TLs are not as reliable as the others once the flashing is removed but it can fly on most different lines. At 150 Eagle X and TB are much more versatile than their 166 and higher brethren. Just not that great in winds. Don't get me wrong they handle constant winds fine to 330' even headwind once you know how much initial hyzer they need but if the wind speed changes mid throw you're SOL like it happens around here all the time.

Latest posts