• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Eagles

Nice, that sounds similar to my experience with the FL except the overhand stuff. I never threw the Eagle (of any kind) or the FL overhand, just sidearm and backhand. I did love the Eagle for flicks as they'd go straight for miles. Every Champ Eagle I've ever had was lost somehow, so I never really got to know it in that plastic. I quit throwing them for awhile until I decided to buy them again last year and got a stack in DX. I was playing with this guy who seemed like he could throw them a mile and wasn't putting in much effort. I figured I could work them into my bag, but it seemed like they overlapped too much with what I was already throwing.

I love the Gazelle, but I was thinking of giving my fairway driver slot another round of competition this year. I was thinking of doing the Pepsi Challenge between the Gazelle, Eagle, Cyclone, Teebird, and JLS. I'm not sure why I want to do this as my setup seems to be working well. Sometimes I feel like my Gazelle doesn't have the stability that I want as it can get turny in DX. All the other discs are made in premium plastic so I'll be able to get that little bit of extra stability. I know they make Glow Champ Gazelles, but I want something that is production and of different colors than white.

I went out to a snow covered football field and brought an assortment of eagles. I had a Champ 150 EX, KC Pro 168 EX, Champ 172 EL, Champ 175 EX, and a Star 175 EX. I was able to throw from an area on the running track where the snow has begun to melt.
All in all, I was only throwing them 280-325 on low golf lines with 80% power because it was cold and I haven't thrown much all winter.
The 175 EX's held a sweeping hyzer line really nice. The EL was nice and straight, and faded nicely at the end. The 150 and 168 EX's were flipping up from a hyzer and turning slightly before fading back, but would hold an anhyzer when forced.
All five will stay in my bag, as I feel that they can cover all fairway duties.