• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

effing twilight zone...really

DagG

Birdie Member
So I got tired of burning half my already limited practice time searching for discs I put into the weeds and found a new practice area. 250' wide by 500' long with close cropped grass and a dozen or so saplings spread out more or less even, the only hiding place for a disc is the cornfield off the eastern edge that I've never even come near.

I lost one. Two hours burnt walking grid search patterns, no one around that may have picked up the disc, no gopher holes to swallow a disc. Hell, I even checked the branches of the saplings, none much over 10' - 12' tall. The lost disc wasn't anything particularly treasured but still... How the heck do you lose a bright orange disc in short grass?

Venting.

This is an incredibly rare issue, but has been proven on video.

Your disc exploded. This apparently happens to pros more often than not. For video proof, watch Clash at Renny Gold. Hole 2. Happened to Climo... Disc literally exploded, Crump was fast on the scene announcing it.

yeah I lost a CE Valk in a soccer field a couple of years ago. Threw it into the goal from the other side, walked down there to get it and it was completely missing. No one else on the field, moved the goal around and everything. I have no idea where it went.

I've always wondered how it's possible that golf discs are so much easier to lose than golf balls...

I have searched many times for discs in a wide open field. I practice a block away at a huge field and i have found that if you walk around long enough, you will find what you are looking for.

One time I was practicing on a football field surrounded by a track. I threw a bunch of discs and yanked one to the right off the football field, but it did not make it to the track. I probably looked for 15 minutes for that disc. I could not find it anywhere. Finally, I found it half buried in the sand in the long jump pit …

I've had this happen before as well. two separate times with different ESP Avengers. they both went from bright yellow or orange to a washed out version. I found both of them after a couple of weeks/months. I go back to the practice field picking up other discs and "hey where'd you come from?" A couple of other discs got hit with a lawn mower after being left behind.

I was throwing on a football field and I threw a TL that went out a good 350' but kept turning right. Looked for 45 mins and then randomly found it in about a 12" diameter hole for sprinkler access. The entire football field and it manages to find a 1' diameter hole and drop in.

Trey133 said:
This is an incredibly rare issue, but has been proven on video.

Your disc exploded. This apparently happens to pros more often than not. For video proof, watch Clash at Renny Gold. Hole 2. Happened to Climo... Disc literally exploded, Crump was fast on the scene announcing it.

Is this video online Trey?

I got it on dvd if you'd like to borrow it. You can pick it up this weekend if you want, I'll be playing some eastway, and renny gold this weekend if you care to join