• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Electron Baseline Plastic Experimental Formulas 1&2

are they both flat? I have 2 which don't match up quite the same as the very flat ones. can't remember what I sent you.

are they both flat? I have 2 which don't match up quite the same as the very flat ones. can't remember what I sent you.

I think I'm using one I got from you and one I got from someone else. I should have checked PLH and all that blah blah if I was smart.

Over on the MVP facebook fan page they're talking about blue EX1's being different....

Im not a huge fan of the mold really at all.

The funniest part is my first putt ever with this disc (on crap Costco basket) hit dead on sweet spot and kicked off the pole lol... YAY BASELINE NO CHAINOUTS :p But noticed it really grabs better when you hit a outside strand on a wide putt.

REALLLY wish it was an ion in this stuff being winter time. Not sure about durability either but feel nice.

in all fairness it was about 7 degrees with a feels-like temp well below zero so the plastic and basket were beyond frozen. Plus its all on the basket as I don't have extra chains hooked up right now.

I wish it was summer as I would run these through a true durability test vs some other baseline stuff but officially hate disc golf in the winter.

Mine are getting more and more enjoyable. If we judged discs based on spitting out of Costco baskets wed have to consider every disc ever made as terrible. I love the feel, and they fly exactly as advertised as slightly less stable envys, with fantastic grip and a much tackier catch by the chains. I am praying these get approved before being tweaked. I would happily challenge anyone on the boards to a one mold round with these.

I liked the lines I was getting with my EX2 (no/very little turn & long glide), but my Envy is a ton more reliable.
Looking at the putting aspect though, I'd bag it just for the grip. Now if they made the Envy in EX2, look out.

Im not a huge fan of the mold really at all.

The funniest part is my first putt ever with this disc (on crap Costco basket) hit dead on sweet spot and kicked off the pole lol... YAY BASELINE NO CHAINOUTS :p But noticed it really grabs better when you hit a outside strand on a wide putt.

REALLLY wish it was an ion in this stuff being winter time. Not sure about durability either but feel nice.

MVP should consult Innova on how to do an overmold. Novas stick to chains easily.

I agree. These stick to chains as good as any putter I've ever used. Of course it's 45-75 degrees here in Dallas so maybe the cold is a factor up north.

lol my post was just in fun.

The "chain grabbing" ability of this plastic is similar to that of medium vibram IMO without the same durability.

DSCN0256.jpg

DSCN0257.jpg

I never realized until now that the rims are different for these discs. Blue Ex1 on left, pink Ex2 on the right.

Still haven't had a good chance to throw these. Our weather has been awful and will likely continue for months :(

In the meantime I'll wait for a formula 2 Ion...

Am I the only one who's looking forward to a nice fan grip for approach shots with the Formula 2?

Also, since when were these two different discs?

in all fairness it was about 7 degrees with a feels-like temp well below zero so the plastic and basket were beyond frozen. Plus its all on the basket as I don't have extra chains hooked up right now.

I wish it was summer as I would run these through a true durability test vs some other baseline stuff but officially hate disc golf in the winter.

This is off topic but, I just have to post this after reading that temp...

I played today...it was a beautiful, partly cloudy day. Did I forget to mention that it was 75 degree day in Mississippi? :D

Not bad for December 1st. I cant imagine having to live where there is COLD and SNOW for months of the year...:thmbdown:

Last edited:
DSCN0256.jpg

DSCN0257.jpg

I never realized until now that the rims are different for these discs. Blue Ex1 on left, pink Ex2 on the right.

Still haven't had a good chance to throw these. Our weather has been awful and will likely continue for months :(

In the meantime I'll wait for a formula 2 Ion...

Dang, those do look strikingly different. This begs the question, then: Two different molds, or just the difficulties in molding up new product in new blends?

This looks comparable to Mike C comparing the soft envy & proxy.

All of the Blue's I've seen so far have the different profile.

If the blue ones do have a different profile than the other colors, has anyone noticed a difference in flight compared to the other colors?