• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Electron Baseline Plastic Experimental Formulas 1&2

If you're reading this, Brad, or Chad, maybe you could shed some light?

If the blue ones do have a different profile than the other colors, has anyone noticed a difference in flight compared to the other colors?

I've only thrown the blue EX1 and a hot pink EX2 I have and they are quite different in the high speed portion of the flight. Blue EX1 wants to flip.

MVP Easter egg? I kinda wish I would have gotten one of the blues now. They look much more like something I would bag.

Some more side profiles. Quite strange.
8UKJqCN.jpg

Pink Ex2 and White Ex1 are practically the same while blue Ex2 is different.

I have now compared all these to additional white Ex1 and orange Ex2 and all seem to be the same except for the odd blue one.

I knew there was something about blues I didn't like. Kept trying to push em off and no one wanted those things it was a curse from the get go :p

Well, this is a little disappointing to say the least. DTworld.com just called and cancelled my order for a pair of the experimental discs. Said they oversold and would be refunding my money.

I should have known it was too good to be true. Oh well, at least I still got a pair but I wanted a set for the wall and a set to throw. Now, I've got to decide if I want to hang these or throw them.

I'm leaning towards hanging because the weights are so light. I've always thrown a 175 putter. I've tried a 169 Anode before but do much better with the heavier disc. Probably just wait until the production run.

That blue disc looks like it would be noticeably less stable compared to the others.

Why couldn't they have just released these in the Ion mold ;(

Maybe the odd blue ones are secretly the Proxy! :eek:

I loves my Ions but I am admittedly not crazy about the curved inner rim. It would be nice if they sharpened that up so it can be held more securely.

Anyway... does anyone know if it's only the blue discs that are different?

Confirmed, MVP outsourced some of their production to China and so the consistency has taken the backseat for now until MVP is profitable enough again to resume full production in the US. Clearly the blue ones were not molded by MVP themselves.

Confirmed, MVP outsourced some of their production to China and so the consistency has taken the backseat for now until MVP is profitable enough again to resume full production in the US. Clearly the blue ones were not molded by MVP themselves.

Is this really true? :(

In, how did you confirm this?

Don't listen to Gump, he works for them! :p

In all seriousness though, hiding in Mike C's closet has its perks, i get the insider information ;)