• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Electron Baseline Plastic Experimental Formulas 1&2

It was marketed as a test plastic. It was sold by retailers as a test plastic. Not by mold. So why explode? The folks that got the more limited blue ones were lucky ducks.

Actually, it was marketed as one mold in two blends of plastic. Note the uses of "blends" (plural) and "mold" (singular) in what I'm guessing is a copy and paste of the official announcement below.

...Electron has been crafted into the two classic blend profiles of firm and soft, presented here as Experimental Formula 1 (firm) and Experimental Formula 2 (soft). These are pre-production blends which may change before a future production run of Electron Plastic, and feature a unique surface texture and look not found in MVP offerings. In particular the GYRO™ rims feature an experimental vapor-honed surface that aids in the optimal baseline feel.

Additionally the putter mold used for this Experimental edition is a prototype model. No, it isn't called the Prototype, it's a yet-unnamed prototype putter we've been testing. The mold is based on the Axiom Envy, with a beginning stability slightly less overstable than the Envy. As the mold breaks in, it becomes a very straight floaty GYRO™ putter.

It isn't a big deal, but it is kind of funny the insane amount of scrutiny the MVP-philes give every other company. I guess they tired themselves out being so smug to mention this error oversight from MVP. :shrug:

It isn't a big deal, but it is kind of funny the insane amount of scrutiny the MVP-philes give every other company. I guess they tired themselves out being so smug to mention this error oversight from MVP. :shrug:

yeah were all so pissed at mvp for having inconsistent EXPERIMENTAL discs that arent even pdga approved. apples and noodles.

I even asked MVP to come on and give us some more info, but I figure that all will be revealed soon enough. It is strange though that it was announced as one mold, and definitely appears to be two.

To smug to mention it...except to post multiple pictures of the blue run's descrepancies and discuss it for several pages.

Well, at least no one scrutinizes MVPs every move looking for chances to accuse its fans of hypocricy. That would be kinda funny, if anyone ever did that.

yeah were all so pissed at mvp for having inconsistent EXPERIMENTAL discs that arent even pdga approved. apples and noodles.

I know when I buy something, I expect exactly what was promised, unless of course it's from a company known for its meticulous attention to detail. :rolleyes:

What was I thinking?!? :doh:

To smug to mention it...except to post multiple pictures of the blue run's descrepancies and discuss it for several pages.

Well, at least no one scrutinizes MVPs every move looking for chances to accuse its fans of hypocricy. That would be kinda funny, if anyone ever did that.

Compared to the MVP fans who scrutinize the other company's every moves? :thmbup:

It's funny how emotional some people get over plastic discs

I know, right? And seem to scan threads that are about things they don't care about just so they can lay down some negativity whenever they see a chance.

As long as these feel similar to an Envy, are grippy like they sound like they are, and putt like an Envy with maybe a little less fade outside 30-35', it's exactly what I've been wishing for since April. Now where is that Fed-ex truck...

Last edited:
Actually, it was marketed as one mold in two blends of plastic. Note the uses of "blends" (plural) and "mold" (singular) in what I'm guessing is a copy and paste of the official announcement below.

Its clearly a big deal to you, trying to stir things all up. The Electron plastics were marketed as a prototype. Prototypes are not the final version, so I see no reason why it can't be multiple molds. There was no oversight. 90% of ours were the Proxy mold. The blue ones we got were set in another box away from the Proxy's. It was clearly an intentional Easter egg.

But hey, I can't change your mind even though I am rational non-fanboy. You are the one trying to cause drama. MVP fans have clearly been happy with things aside from some retailers overselling.

Its clearly a big deal to you, trying to stir things all up. The Electron plastics were marketed as a prototype. Prototypes are not the final version, so I see no reason why it can't be multiple molds. There was no oversight. 90% of ours were the Proxy mold. The blue ones we got were set in another box away from the Proxy's. It was clearly an intentional Easter egg.

But hey, I can't change your mind even though I am rational non-fanboy. You are the one trying to cause drama. MVP fans have clearly been happy with things aside from some retailers overselling.

And thats me assuming its the Proxy. I haven't seen a Neutron one yet.

Last edited:
Yes. Popcorn.

My discs should be here today, so I'm pretty stoked to fondle the goodness of Electron.

Change my mind? I don't know about that...

MVP IS THE GREATEST!! THEY DON'T MAKE MISTAKES, AND THEY ARE FAR BETTER THAN EVERY MANUFACTURER COMBINED!!! IF ONLY THE WORLD RAN WITH SUCH PRECISION AND BEAUTY!!!! I'M GOING HOME AND THROWING OUT ALL MY PLASTIC AND STARTING FRESH!!!! PUPPIES AND RAINBOWS AND UNICORNS!!!!!

Better?

And I said it's not a big deal that they delivered something other than what their press release said, and it isn't. I guess neither of us are going to listen to each other.

I don't think anyone is going to apologize for liking MVP discs, so maybe we should stop trying to get them to and find a new, less frustrating hobby?

And I said it's not a big deal that they delivered something other than what their press release said, and it isn't. I guess neither of us are going to listen to each other.

It is what it is. Its something new for MVP. Its not different from what their press release explained. Its a prototype of a disc. A prototype of a disc can have different molds tested until they get what they want. Why can't it just be that? It would be a lot bigger deal if they released a stock disc, said THIS IS THE REAL STOCK OVERMOLDED THINGY, and then stamped both molds with the PDGA approved name. Which is the issue other companies have had.

No tooling, no pdga approval, no big deal. :D

Innova seemed to release the Nova pretty easily, AND in base plastic. Can't be that hard.

what is wrong with you?

Tons, but mostly boredom right now.

I was half asking a legitimate question. Why all the fanfare and limited release and outrageous pricing? If you can make Electron, why not go straight for a release of Ions? Science?