• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Electron Baseline Plastic Experimental Formulas 1&2

I have a Theory. After looking at Mike C's test video of the Proxy, I think the blue tests are Proxies that were released as easter eggs in the base plastic. They have the rounder nose with the lower wing like the Proxy does. The other mold is probably the Atom that was teased earlier.

So is it only the Blue Formula 2's that are the easter egg? I have a Blue Formula 1 and nothing to compare it to. Also, any early opinions on which of the 4 are the better putting putter? Formula 1, mold:1 or Formula 1 mold:2? Or Formula 2 mold:1 or Formula 2 mold:2?

I have a blue formula 1 and a white formula 2 and I held them up today and they are different.

I use them just for putting and to be honest I can't tell any difference just from putting. I'm sure if I threw them I could see more of a difference.

Never let me slip, because if I slip, then I'm slippin.

And more field results from people throwing the two plastics/molds? Blue looks like the lowest stability MVP yet, quite curious for mine to arrive.

You mean like McBeast. You know the three time world champ? How many pros bagged MVP last year? And this is just proving a point. The Nova is bagged. By pros.

I'm not sure exactly what point that proves. Pros bag the brand they get paid to bag. Look at JohnE McCray for example. The guy takes 3rd place in the USDGC playing a mixed bag of Gateway and Salient and what's he going to be bagging next year? All Trilogy because Lat64 made him an offer he couldn't refuse. Similar thing happened with Nikko Locastro and Prodigy a couple years ago. Pros have to eat and pay the bills too. JohnE wanted to have enough money to tour next year, and I don't blame him at all for taking the Lat64 deal. But MVP isn't out there offering 5 figures + discs + touring expenses to pros so pros aren't bagging MVP; it's really as simple as that.

Thinking Blue Electrons might be the Atom. They don't match up with a Proxy.

You mean like McBeast. You know the three time world champ? How many pros bagged MVP last year? And this is just proving a point. The Nova is bagged. By pros.

I knew he was throwing one early this year, but I honestly thought he'd dropped it, I watch vids pretty often and didn't remember seeing him throw one recently, but that's circumstantial obviously.

I know Barry putted with one for about a week.

I knew he was throwing one early this year, but I honestly thought he'd dropped it, I watch vids pretty often and didn't remember seeing him throw one recently, but that's circumstantial obviously.

I know Barry putted with one for about a week.

If you watch vids from late 2013 to current you'll see him throw it. I never really saw him tee off with one but he uses it a lot on upshots.

If you watch vids from late 2013 to current you'll see him throw it. I never really saw him tee off with one but he uses it a lot on upshots.

Yeah, you see it a lot at the Memorial, for ex. Just seems like (again, just my aimless speculation) that since, say, the GBO time frame maybe, you don't see it as much on his ups/putter shots. And isn't that about the time he got the sig discmania putter?

He does throw that thing awesome, can't deny that. I've messed with one a little, and he definitely makes it look less touchy than it can be in less skilled hands.

Anyways, drifting off the rails here, my bad....

Took my new pink 168g formula 2 to the local course this morning for a test round (and also to try out a Volt, Tesla and Theory for the first time). It's exactly what I wanted in a putting putter. Similar (though not exact) feel to an Envy, shape-wise, but in the best feeling putter plastic I've ever laid my hands on and a delayed drop/fade.

I've stuck with the Envy since Spring because I can get a much more consistent/clean release than anything else I try, including the Wizards I threw for my first couple years. These give me that but without the slips that would sometimes cause me to miss gimmes with Neutron, especially in cold temps or wet conditions. The only problem I had was missing high outside the circle, being used to the earlier drop and fade of the Envy. But almost every time that happened it was dead center and just a couple inches high. I think I'll adjust fast and then have a slightly longer comfort zone.

I don't plan on really throwing Electron until they are in regular production if at all, but I did try two short approaches and both times overshot the basket by like 30'. And both times I thought it was a decent toss at first and then it just stayed in the air.

So MVP people: I love it. PDGA approval ASAP please.

I think he tees off with it on any hole that he would have used an aviar/p2 in the past. USDGC 17 type holes.

Plus all of the upshots. TONS of upshots.

I think its pretty clear that he isn't just bagging it to 'sell the disc' for Innova at this point.

I think he tees off with it on any hole that he would have used an aviar/p2 in the past. USDGC 17 type holes.

Plus all of the upshots. TONS of upshots.

I think its pretty clear that he isn't just bagging it to 'sell the disc' for Innova at this point.

He tosses it like a lid almost. Yeah it could have started as an advertising thing but he's definitely gotten deadly with it.

Enough about the Nova already, or I swear I'm heading over to the Whale thread and start talking about how they're trying to save the market share they're currently losing to the Envy! lol

Enough about the Nova already, or I swear I'm heading over to the Whale thread and start talking about how they're trying to save the market share they're currently losing to the Envy! lol

At least that would be creative as opposed to all of the lame whale jokes.

Enough about the Nova already...

Speaking of the Nova, I've never thrown that goofy POS :)D) but I did notice something about the prototype today that reminded me a little about how people say the Nova will hit chains and just die. It wasn't as dramatic as how the Nova supposedly does it, but a definite improvement for us Envy putters. My N Envy sometimes glances off the chains when I'm off center and my soft N Envy sometimes gets a little bouncy. For instance if I land in the basket from 20+ feet it would sometimes bounce all around in there and hop out. Not often but more than a couple times. Twice today I landed in the basket and the prototype just stopped and stayed there like a good little putter. And the times I aimed a little to the right and half expected it to glance off, it dropped straight down.

Latest posts