• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Elon Park(Second course)--Charlotte, NC

bettsjc

Eagle Member
Silver level trusted reviewer
I have been in contact with a designer in the Charlotte area who is in the development process of a second 18 holes at Elon Park in Charlotte, NC. Of 10 courses possibly in the works in the area, this course currently sits in the #1 position. I have no current concrete information(news article, uptade from parks&rec, etc.), but that information will come as it becomes available, as will dates of groundbreaking and completion. Looking foward to keeping you updated on this course, and the many that are coming soon to DG Heaven!

My understanding is on the 22nd of August the concrete pads for the long tees will be poured on the short course. Once those are in, the work on the long course can begin. Charlotte Parks and Rec wants the Charlotte Club to complete each course before beginning work on the next one. So, once the long course is completely finished they can begin work on Nevin Park...and so on and so on. Fisher Farm Park in Davidson is not held back by this because it is a Davidson Town Park. There is also a 9 hole course that should be going in this fall in Denver, NC. That course is also not held back by Charlotte P&R since it's in a different county.

UPDATE:
Saturday, August 22
Pad Pouring Party and Singles at Elon 9AM

YonderScott, you've got it right. Pads will be poured and hopefully completed, and construction of the PRO course will begin shortly after. And from what I hear, Nevin is starting some work, but nothing major will be finished over there until Elon Pro is completed.

Once Elon Pro is completed, the course will be listed separately from Elon short/long(longs have been updated on the Elon Park review page, hand-measured).

It's still being built. The CDGC needs help in this volunteer effort. Non-club members are welcome to help. Anyone interested should check here:
http://charlottedgc.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/1638-elon-long-course/
and should contact Stan via PM or via the phone number in post 1 of that thread.

The SHORT course required several HUNDRED hours of volunteer effort from the Club and from the non-Club community. I'm certain the long course will require even more.

There are currently no barriers to it being built, other than the time and effort involved.

Last edited:
The goal in the near future(as of 9/19/09) is to have 9 holes completed, and a "grand opening" of the disc golf complex to be held, and the completion of the other 9 to follow. More info to follow

A quote from no other but The Truth;

"I ordered two courses from Innova yesterday. They will probably not be in for at least 4-6 weeks. I have in mind that by late December we will be installing the baskets at both Nevin and Elon Long course. I hope to have both courses playable by then. The gang at Nevin is doing a great job. The gang at Elon is picking up the pace and we are making great progress. Look for two new courses by the first of the year...The Truth has spoken"

It has been a month so how about an update? Anyone have infomation on this new course?

Check for updates on the CharlotteDGC message forums. That's updated almost daily from the guys working on the course versus weekly or monthly second-hand updates here.

This will be one of two courses we finish this weekend. Forms are in for concrete tee pads to be poured as part of an Eagle Scout project in the near future. We are setting the last of the poles today and the baskets and tops will be installed sunday.

Baskets are in at new Elon course. Already been played by about 10 people. Still a little rough around the edges but this will be a great course.

Don't forget its "twin" across from Hornets nest in North Charlotte "Nevin Park". Its on the dgcoursereview listing. Nevin is actually more of an evil cross between, Renny, Hornets Nest Web, and Stumpy Creek up in Mooresville even though it was "birthed" the same day as Elon Black (Elong)

Okay, I know this thread is 1080 days old and is about the Angry Beaver course, but I just couldn't bring myself to make a new thread.

Stan and a minion were at the EAGER BEAVER course yesterday re-configuring holes 4,5,6. Apparently the maintenance building and new trailer are going to be fenced off, and therefore old 4,5,6 won't be playable. Accordingly, there is now a NEW 4,5,6.

The new 4 is approx the same length and shape as the old 5.
The new 5 is approx the same length and shape as the old 6.
The new 6 is approx the same length and shape as the old 4.

The 3 holes still make a mini-loop in the same area, just farther away from the building. I looked at the map on this site and it BARELY needs updating. I can't imagine there will be much confusion. In fact, once they get broken in, the transition from new #6 to #7 will be much more straightforward than the old #6.

Yes, because I told them to move 6 pads, 2 per hole. They were afraid not to comply. Grrrrr. The pads are sitting on top of the ground and they are going to bring in crushed concrete to spread around them. I mean for you to spread around them. Uh, that is, after you do the mowing I need at Blair Mill.

I played the new holes yesterday and I think I liked them better than the old holes.