• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] EMAC Truth

I dunno. With as much overlap as Trilogy has with this type of 'stable' midrange (Claymore, Evidence, Compass) they should really just scrap the 'old' Truth mold and have the Truth be the Truth.
While I see your point and agree that old Truth and Evidence are really close, I still see a logic in their setup.

First of all, I think there are two distinctive stability brackets for these (when new).
1. Straight - EMAC Truth, Compass, Mace
2. Hyzer flip straight - Truth, Evidence, Claymore

Also, there are two distinctive speed brackets.
1. Borderline tweener - Truths, Evidence
2. Traditional mid - Compass, Mace, Claymore

On top of that you have your mix of beaded / -less molds and you get a pretty nice lineup to choose from. :thmbup:

EDIT: Also, I would much rather drop Evidence than the old Truth if I had to choose.

Last edited:
I am kind've feeling impatient for the new mold. Now that it is warming up I'm having to put more hyzer on my lucid. I've wanted a slightly more OS one since I first threw it.

How do I know what Truth I have now?

I have a Lucid that I've had for maybe 1.5-2 years. Love it. Want a backup. No idea if the retooled EMAC or stock one is what I need though now...

If it has "Made in Sweden" etched on the bottom it is the less stable version of the Truth. If it doesn't, it is the more stable version, with the original flight characteristics.

If it has "Made in Sweden" etched on the bottom it is the less stable version of the Truth. If it doesn't, it is the more stable version, with the original flight characteristics.

But wouldn't original truths have the tooling...?

Wouldn't the mold have lost it's inherent stability slowly through use? IE: run to run of truths the stability slowly becoming less and less? This is how I assume the mold would break in. Unless there was a re-tool, I find it hard to believe that the moldings just drastically changed after the first run.

Next question would be how long before they start making 'truths' with the new mold and have to order a new 'Emac truth'mold?

Unless, like I said, it was due to a retool.

So the eMac truths will be more stable? (More OS, than current runs)

Yes. They're the same now as the "pre-sweden" ones. I got a few rounds in this weekend and the hybrid eTruth I was throwing was just a touch more OS than the seasoned Bio pre-sweden I normally throw. The Lucid was a touch more OS than that.

Yes. They're the same now as the "pre-sweden" ones. I got a few rounds in this weekend and the hybrid eTruth I was throwing was just a touch more OS than the seasoned Bio pre-sweden I normally throw. The Lucid was a touch more OS than that.
To me they sound like they are really close to a Verdict. Do you think there would be still room for both?

To me they sound like they are really close to a Verdict. Do you think there would be still room for both?
I had an early truth that I really liked especially since it could handle fh throws. But the verdict is definitely more stable in flight with a stronger fade.

Not to argue the point but there are early run "Made in Sweden" tooled Truths that are very high speed stable.

Are there not already Truths on the market with EMac stamps that are of the less stable variety?

How is calling the new ones EMac Truths making the situation any better at all?

I love your discs but sometimes I worry about you guys DD.

Last edited:
Are there not already Truths on the market with EMac stamps that are of the less stable variety?

How is calling the new ones EMac Truths making the situation any better at all?

I love your discs but sometimes I worry about you guys DD.

To be fair, I think they are removing that stamp off of future runs of that mold. Yes it may be confusing for a while, but as long as retailers do their job, the confusion should be be mitigated and not last for too long. Better that they do this than just not acknowledge there was a problem.

To be fair, I think they are removing that stamp off of future runs of that mold. Yes it may be confusing for a while, but as long as retailers do their job, the confusion should be be mitigated and not last for too long. Better that they do this than just not acknowledge there was a problem.

Plus, the new Emac Truths have the Emac signature tooled into every disc (on the bottom where the name of the disc is normally tooled). There should be absolutely no confusing the new Emac Truths with regular mold Truths, stamp or no stamp. It would be akin to confusing one of Innova's 3 molds with its original counterpart.

The only potential for confusion will be with the older Truths and distinguishing the ones that fly more stable (specifically the original runs) versus later runs that were/are less stable. But that potential confusion already existed regardless of the introduction of the Emac version...i.e. "pre-Sweden" Truths, etc.

There should be absolutely no confusing the new Emac Truths with regular mold Truths, stamp or no stamp. It would be akin to confusing one of Innova's 3 molds with its original counterpart.
I think this is quite a bold statement. Yes, you can tell which one is which IF you know 1) there are different kinds of Truths 2) they are differentiated by a small see through engraving on the bottom. I don't think that either of those points are true for 99% of throwers. Maybe 50%, if that, of DGCR'ers know that much. :\

On a related note, I went to Youtube to see some flight videos for the EMAC Truth and look what I found:
New Dynamic Disc EMAC Truth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YbzTn7pcfU

The name and the flight looks like what I would expect from an EMAC, but once I got to the end I noticed it wasn't the disc I thought it was. :doh:

I think this is quite a bold statement. Yes, you can tell which one is which IF you know 1) there are different kinds of Truths 2) they are differentiated by a small see through engraving on the bottom. I don't think that either of those points are true for 99% of throwers. Maybe 50%, if that, of DGCR'ers know that much. :\

On a related note, I went to Youtube to see some flight videos for the EMAC Truth and look what I found:
New Dynamic Disc EMAC Truth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YbzTn7pcfU

The name and the flight looks like what I would expect from an EMAC, but once I got to the end I noticed it wasn't the disc I thought it was. :doh:

Yeah as long as you can see the stamp though you would know what you are getting. Here is a review below.

https://allthingsdiscgolf.com/dynamic-discs-emac-truth-to-bring-old-flight-to-new-disc/

They probably should have called it the EMac2 Truth just so it would be easier distinguishing them without seeing the stamp.

Anyone know if any places that still have these available on pre order?