• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] EMAC Truth

There were some max weights on Infinate. Reds and orange. Marshall street had a good selection

Usually hard to get max weight anything from Trilogy and I've accepted that. Have two Emac's coming in the mail. The compass was a huge disapointment. If these fly anything like a broke in verdict I'll be mucho happy.

Infinitediscs.com has these available for purchase already
They had a bunch more yesterday when I looked. Looks like a bunch sold.
Usually hard to get max weight anything from Trilogy and I've accepted that. Have two Emac's coming in the mail. The compass was a huge disapointment. If these fly anything like a broke in verdict I'll be mucho happy.
I have a feeling your expectations may not align with the flight. I wouldn't be thinking verdict much with this disc. But I don't know. Did you see the eMac video?

wtf is with the weight on these? 170g is the heaviest I can find. Did Dynamic run out of plastic or have all the man weights already sold out?

The pre-order took most of the max weight discs, give it a few weeks and there should be a reasonable selection.

wtf is with the weight on these? 170g is the heaviest I can find. Did Dynamic run out of plastic or have all the man weights already sold out?

Yea, we sold 28 of the 30 that we ordered within 2 hours of them going on sale. It was crazy. The only 2 left are 175g. The warehouse is completely sold out of them too, so I'm not sure when dealers will be able to restock. This was by far the fastest selling disc that we've ever launched in the 3 years of selling.

Wow. Really. I think the Truth is perfect the way it is.

Here is how it works: truth, mace, verdict in that order of stability.

I think if you made the truth more stable it would start creeping into the Mace category.

Also, I have been throwing the fluid truth this winter (love it) as it is just a smidgen bit more stable than my biofuzion truths.

I can't see the point of having a truth, a truth retooled and then mace, verdict scenario. The truth mold is not designed for wind. Period. But the Mace and Verdict are.

Maybe in I'm in denial but I don't want to lose my Mace's nor do I want to carry four truths either.

Is this another way to make money or is this retool really necessary?

Last edited:

I think if you made the truth more stable it would start creeping into the Mace category.

Also, I have been throwing the fluid truth this winter (love it) as it is just a smidgen bit more stable than my biofuzion truths.

I can't see the point of having a truth, a truth retooled and then mace, verdict scenario. The truth mold is not designed for wind. Period. But the Mace and Verdict are.

Maybe in I'm in denial but I don't want to lose my Mace's nor do I want to carry four truths either.

I don't think it's unnecessary. Look at the "3" molds from innova. Tweaks and adjustments to existing popular molds when beneficial isn't a bad thing, doesn't mean you have to buy it.

I like the truth the way it was/is too. But eMac has more arm speed than I do, as do others. So it'll fit a need.

I prefer the bigger gap in stability between the current truth and the verdict. Good pair imo

This is absolutely necessary...the truth was my favorite disc when it was released...then all of a sudden, they start being flippy out of the box. I stopped using my older run truths, just because I didn't want to lose that perfect flight that works for my game. Now, their bringing it back to what the truth was, as opposed to what it had become. I was literally days away from changing my entire mid set up because of what the new run truths were like. Glad I don't have to. In regards to the truth/mace...they're still different, just as the Roc is to the buzzz. The truth is just going to be straight, longer, faster...and the mace will be slightly more OS, shorter, slower.

I fully agree that the retool was necessary. The newer Truths and Verdict gap got too big and it was missing the most important part, the straight flier.

What comes to Mace, I think the bead is one of the big separators here. If you come from Rocs, you would first try out the Mace. If you're coming from Buzzzes, then you'll have a ton of options but the Truth should be on the top of your list together with the Compass.

DD mids are also faster so they are not overlapping much with the Lat stuff.

DD mids are also faster so they are not overlapping much with the Lat stuff.

True.

Why can't it be both? These companies are in the business of making money, and there was a need based on what the Truth was intended to be (what it started as) and what it ended up being.

Besides, who's forcing you to change your disc line up? If you like the Mace, keep throwing it. One company isn't going to discontinue a disc because another company offers something similar.

Why does it matter if there is overlap? Sure, the brands are manufactured together and the companies are tied at the hip, but they are still two separate lines of discs. Each company should be striving to offer a complete and diverse line of discs independently of one another, and if there is some redundancy between them, so be it.

Completely agree. Unless you are sponsored no one is making you change your bag except for yourself.

On topic: I picked a Lucid Truth recently and it does have some turn at full power. The one I had from first release really didn't turn from what I remember. I too kinda like what the current non EMAC Truths have I guess become. I still like the Verdict a ton and they pair nicely.

Will I try an EMAC? Probably, esp once they are widely available. I would still rather have a base plastic Verdict instead of another Truth.

26195702906_479fb39003_c.jpg

This is one of the first generations of BioFuzion Truths. I am not sure if there are any other generations or runs, but at the time I was smart enough to pick up four of these. These are by far the best Truths ever made; the definitive definition of true stability. I have had Lucids that are close in stability but lack the glide and speed. A few Fuzions I have had flipped at the same power these BioFuzions can easily handle. Moonshines are garbage and do almost a complete barrel roll out of my hand.

If EMacs are anything like these BioFuzions, I would be more than happy. Now, I jumped on the tail end of this run, snagging one of the last heavy clear ones. Maybe I can dye it.

Anyway, here is today's ace with this one.

Why didnt they just stay true to the truth throwers and keep its OG flight true?

Seems like the other ones that came out just were crap runs. What keeps that from happening to these trusty emac truths?

Makes zero sense to me. Could have just started reproducing the truth as its expcected to fly? No? Lol...

Why didnt they just stay true to the truth throwers and keep its OG flight true?

Seems like the other ones that came out just were crap runs. What keeps that from happening to these trusty emac truths?

Makes zero sense to me. Could have just started reproducing the truth as its expcected to fly? No? Lol...

These EMAC Truths are newly PDGA approved with slightly different specs. I assume it is a different or tweaked mold altogether, so they actually have two slightly different discs now.

I'm a lot more interested in trying the truth out now. The ones that I threw previously were too flippy for my liking, would love to see how the EMAC truth changes it's flight, hopefully making it a good stable disc. I doubt I'd move on from the Roc since they are easily available locally, but it would be worth a shot I think.

Molds break in, wear down, or otherwise change properties. The original Truth mold had something change from the original runs to the more recent runs. I'm guessing what they found was subsequent runs following the first have been consistent and it was the first was the outlier. So they modified the design a bit and created a new mold intended to recreate the characteristics of the first run.

There is clearly a market for what the Truth became after the first run, so it would be silly not to keep producing them just as they are. The new Emac Truth is aimed at the folks who loved the first runs but not subsequent runs, plus anyone who likes the subsequent runs but would also like something a touch more stable.