• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Epic Fail

Codester1011

Par Member
I was out practicing driving with putters when the field I was using was taken over by a soccer game. I then went to the next field over, again, taken over by soccer, and the next field, taken by soccer. This is not my failure, just explaining why I would be driving putters across asphalt. (This was at an elementary school) I threw my putter, getting it maybe 200 feet straight out, it hit the ground, and began to roll, and roll. It turned around while rolling and straightened out. It rolled all the way back to me... Its nice that I didn't have to go pick it up, but think of how embarrassing that would be to have it happen during a round.

I saw a guy once at a tournament, i was in his flight. The hole was only 200-ish feet long, but very woody :) He managed to find a gap between almost all the trees, but hit one around 150 feet down. The disc came straight back and landed at our hight, around 30 feet to our right. We laughed for the rest of the hole.

Definitly not a nice thing to happen ^^ On the other hand, the odds for it are so small, just cherish the moment when it happens and be glad it wasnt on a tournament round :)

A few years ago, I was watching a skins game competition. Ken Climo threw a backhand roller on an uphill hole. The roller went halfway up the hill, turned around and came all the way back down. It ended up in a bush, off to the left, about the same distance from the pin as the tee pad.

It should be noted that this was during a skins game, where everyone was trying some pretty risky shots. I have never seen Ken try a roller on that hole during a tournament. Having said that, if it happens to Ken Climo, it can happen to anyone.

For those who know dela, it happened on the first hole. They were driving from the old teepad and the pin was in the top location. He threw a sky roller over the tree and the disc went up to the short location and then rollled back down the hill into a bush off to the left.

Mine actually had a slight up hill coming back, it didn't hit anything but the ground.
Glad to hear I'm not alone though

It was a few years ago, but I believe it was Doss, Rico and Des Reading. It was a sponsored competition. Tom Shott put up $50 per hole. He does this every year the Wednesday before Master's Cup.

I'm always having to play around the "Mexican mandos" on my local course. They like playing the futbol across 3 holes' fairways. I usually just skip them though, casual rounds aren't worth getting loco in some esse's face.

Today it happened twice to me... I could still scream. Never happened before in my life ^^

First was on y little uphill aproach shot, maybe 50 feet forward and 20 feet up. I wanted to play it safe because there is a clough right behind the basket. So i loft-put it up there, and the sucker rolls right back at my feet ! Less than 3 feet away from my last mark. I didnt believe it.

Till my aproach shot on the very next hole ( i had to throw a overhead because well, i was in a little bush ) didnt quite hit the gap i was aiming at, hit a tree, and came backwards the exact same way to land right behind my left foot.

I lost a disc a few holes later and decided that it was too dark to keep on playing.

*sigh*

i had this happen accept it was a 275' hole and for the first 80' or so was a straight up tunnel shot and the rest of the hole was wide open and the basket was sitting up on a hill.

i threw a perfect drive through the tunnel and out in the open and it landed 15' short of the basket (throwing my focus), and skipped up and hit the pole of the basket and rolled all the way down and 3' in front of the teebox. i then threw my putter and it was 25' short and i banged it for my most epic failed deuce attempt 3 i have ever gotten.

I was at champoeg with my brother a couple of months ago playing a round , and i didnt have any discs so i was throwing his. On one of the holes i threw and the disc curved to the left and went into the forest. I went in to go look for it and ended up finding his and a different one. It was my first disc i had ever had. We finished playing and i ended up finding one more ( a champion Firebird ) then we went home. I went that same day to hoover to play one last round and i was on hole 8, the one that goes through a hole bunch of trees with a creek at the bottom. I threw, it curved to the left and hit a branch. I never found the disc again.

IIRC doesn't our man Chuck hold the record having an uphill tee shot roll to 150' BEHIND the teepad? What's the word, Mr Kennedy?

Latest posts