• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] ESP Cyclone

NateDiscFlip

Double Eagle Member
I have been throwing with this disc since some of you highly recommended it a while back. As some of you may know, I am a huge fan of a stalker, but this cyclone is just too fun to throw, and for a ton of different shots...kind of reminds me of a slower and more controllable t-bird.

For those of you that use this disc and recommended it, thank you!

If you don' t have or haven't tried, you are truly missing out on this or any disc that can respond like the cyclone.

Disc is good for:
Great lengthy hyzer upshots
Immediate flat or downhill S-shots
Immediate Anhyzers high or long
Long Str8 gradual downhill shots requiring soft landing
Uphill shots requiring soft landing
Any str8 tight shot that is just a little long for the buzzz:thmbup:

Thanks for listening!

Now you probably get why I use a Clone and XL and don't even have a Stalker in the bag.

As someone with a Star Teebird, Z Stalker, and ESP XL in the bag... would the ESP Cyclone fit?

Star Teebird goes straight with a good fade. Stalker is nutz straight. XL turns but ends pretty straight.

Basically, I use the Teebird when I have room on the left, XL for room on the right, and Stalker for a straight shot. All go about the same length. 300-325 ft.

Whould the Cyclone add anything?

As someone with a Star Teebird, Z Stalker, and ESP XL in the bag... would the ESP Cyclone fit?

Star Teebird goes straight with a good fade. Stalker is nutz straight. XL turns but ends pretty straight.

Basically, I use the Teebird when I have room on the left, XL for room on the right, and Stalker for a straight shot. All go about the same length. 300-325 ft.

Whould the Cyclone add anything?

I would definitely recommend. The disc will go far enough, but the ability to control this disc is what makes it so preferred. I could probably see many players doing without an XL or a Stalker, but this disc has the demands equivalent to a buzzz...basically, your bag is not complete unless you have one.

Not all the distance, but for what you can do with the disc + the descent distance....it's a "no brainer must have"

I have always wanted to try a Cyclone because I really like my TeeBird. However, I do not like beaded discs. I have held an ESP Cyclone in my hands several times when I have been in at GGGT. I just could not get over that bead. For a while I threw a Stalker and liked the results but it never felt comfortable in my hands. I once had a Sparkle Shockwave that drove me nuts because of its pronounced bead, and I would have gotten rid of it a lot sooner if it did not fly so great for me when I did get a clean release.

That is why I throw the TeeBird. It has no bead. Besides for feeling uncomfortable, beaded discs have an occassional tendency to get caught up in my hands. It is similar to grip lock; it just feels like it catches the tips of my fingers as it is snapping out.

I cannot handle the Wasp either.

However, I do have a Star San Marino Roc that does have a minor bead but it does not bother me at all. Most beaded putters do not bother me either. I would like to say that it all depends on how I intend to throw the disc that determines whether I can handle beads or not, but I do not throw the Roc much different than how I would a Wasp.

Being that I like the TeeBird and my aversion to beaded discs, is the Cyclone even worthwhile for me to try? Do you think I would be able to get over the bead like I did for the Roc (which I still could not for the Stalker or Wasp)? Unfortunately for my wallet, I like to try new things. However, I definitely do not like the feeling that I have wasted money on a disc that I will not use after just a few rounds. I have enough of those laying around.

In response to smartquart, there is only one way to find out. Sounds to me that if you find you get good flights out of a certain disc, it eventually won't matter if it has a bead or not, you're gonna like it. I say go for it, the ESP Cyclone is a great disc.

I have a nice 172g ESP Cyclone thats mint green, but I currently don't throw it. That being said, I will never trade it away as I like to toss it every now and then. Plus I like to let up and coming players use it for the day. You know, the new players that are throwing Wraiths and Bosses off every tee. They always end up falling in love with it and end up buying their own.

If I wasn't so in love with my Gazelle's, the Cyclone would be in my bag. They are a great mold that can be suprisingly long, and is super versatile being able to execute all kinds of different shots.

I actually picked up an esp cyclone to help myself disc down, its an amazingly versatile disc. it holds almost any line I throw it on, and was great in helping me clean up my technique. I recommend it to anyone I know who has bh form issues.

If Cyclones didn't feel like I was gripping Lt. Worf's forehead, I'd totally throw them.

I hate the grip on Rocs, but I love the flight more :D

Get it. I'm a huge fan of cyclones, unfortunately I like the Pro D the most and a few rounds = new cyclone. I've dropped them for now until I can shape lines better and distance goes up.

I have to revive this thread (Happy prerube?) to say that the cyclone has quickly become one of my favorite discs. I threw an elite x 395' in a tailwind today flat hyzer... who says we need all these "new" technology discs...

Anyone else trying a cyclone for the first time/again for the first time?

I just traded two misprint Avengers for two ESP Cyclones (Thx Mr Scary!) I immediately gave one to my LHBH n00b buddy who was struggling off the tee, and he is crushing the thing.

I'll keep the other one around, but with my Champ Glow Gazelles, it has stiff competition.

Loved them for a long time and still love them. Currently 3 Cyclones in the Bag - one new ESP, one beat ESP, and one X. Probably have 15 cyclones and I keep picking them up here and there......

I keep 2-3 in my bag, one ESP, one pro d, and one old beat up TP, it's my go to control driver

I have to revive this thread (Happy prerube?) to say that the cyclone has quickly become one of my favorite discs. I threw an elite x 395' in a tailwind today flat hyzer... who says we need all these "new" technology discs...

Anyone else trying a cyclone for the first time/again for the first time?

picked up two, trying to get the gazelle out of my bag.. don't wanna spend the money on finding KC Pro's/GloChamps.. rather just get ESP cyclones

Love the clones? Get your hands on a nice chalky mid 90's one. They come for under 20 if you can find them, and fly way better then the new esp mold. Wait, on second thought, you don't want them, better let me have them all...