• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Favorite FH Disc???

destroyer/xcal- max D
FB/monster- slightly shorter carving right and certain upshots
beast/valk/flippy wraith- forehand rollers

Surprised no one has said a Z Crush. Z Crushes, CFR Max, and CFR Viper are my favorites.

I have a beat Z Crush for straight shots, a new one for longer shots with fade. The CFR Max is for maximum distance usually on huge flex shot lines, and the CFR Viper for any FH shot within 270'.

When I first started I threw FH only on all my drives/approach shots, and I liked my 1st run ESP Crush/Star Wraith/Z Buzzz

These days when I flick, its usually a Eagle-X, Buzzz, or Wizard. I'm trying to get myself away from using forehand primarily for max-D.

Surge - for distance/straight shots
Predator - right turning fairways and flex shots and FH rollers
150 Flick - upshots/skip shots

It depends on the shot but for the most part I FH 11x FB and my gator.

I can't believe no one said the ultimate FH disc, the FLICK!

I also like the Pulse, but it has to be as flat as a Flick, almost concave really.

I drive almost exclusively FH, and unless its a trouble shot everything else is BH. I've also had great success with Destroyers, Xcals, Surges, Orcs, and the Nuke. I consider myself a noodle arm but lately I've been getting close to 400' with the Nuke.

I do not throw forehand often, thanks to a torn rotator cuff. When I used to more, I used a heavy DX Firebird for all my flicks. But, recently I have worked on it in the field more and I prefer to use an ESP Cyclone, or even my S Scout.

Champ Boss and Destroyer for that extra long distance & an ESP Pulse for for the mid-long distance when I need to back off the power a bit.

175 beat star wraith for accuracy
175 champ wraith for control D
175 stupid beat star destroyer Max D
175 beat champ viking for turnovers/hyzer-flip

I've recently been introducing mid-ranges to my FH game, and it has helped tremendously. I have a max weight DD SE Z-Drone that has become a go-to, and it is deadly, it can handle so much snap.

And of course 175 star Xcal/175 star FB for wind duties.

My favorite FH discs are:
> Driver: seasoned 150 Champ Sidewinder; very seasoned 150 S-PD
> Mid: seasoned, flat-top 169 Champ Cobra
> Approach: very, very seasoned 170 SE Rhyno; very, very seasoned 170 Bullet XD

Reading prior answers, I must throw against the grain. Seems about 99% of everyone slings high speed and/or overstable stuff.

Is that by preference or inability to throw understable plastic?

I, too, flick stable and hyper-speed stuff when wind or the finish warrants it, but flip-to-flat with a level finish is waaaaaay better on most Charlotte-area courses, which tend toward heavily wooded, tunnel-type layouts.

@Spinthrift

you utilize your FH in different ways than a lot of players. Anything over 250, you throw some sort of shaped backhand. Not a flaw at all. Infact, I think it's better form to be able to flick understable plastic like you do. It's nice to have a disc not skip 50' because it's the only disc you know how to throw.

I forgot to answer the question myself.

I use a Star Wraith the most for drives now (was a firebird, but now my form is getting a little better).

Mids I use comets and buzzzes

And I do a lot of flick approaches with a glo wizard

Star Katana. I have a Z Force coming in for windy days/heavier fade, so we'll see how that goes.

I can't throw FH worth crap so I usually will just wing a boss up and away and hope it doesn't hit anything.

CE Firebird. I know what it's going to do every time.

Latest posts