• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

favorite putter

I just put my 171 beat to hell Soft Magnet back in my bag. My Coyote makes a great approach disc, but for short putts, my Soft Magnet just works. Every time I take it out of my bag, I end up putting it back in, so its there to stay.

Omega SS, 175g, is the best putter I've ever had. I keep trying new stuff and going right back to it. I've also used DX Aviar, Shark, Gateway Organic Magic S-Series (not Chalky or Eraser, they might be closer to the softness of the Omega SS though), and I just got a Gateway Voodoo in the mail today. The Voodoo has an almost completely round edge, like a road bike tire.

I threw my Voodoo for the first time today. I love it. Straight as an arrow and will hold an anhyzer line. My other putters have had varying degrees of fade, not this one (unless you put a slight hyzer angle on it). I felt like I had complete control with it.

I threw my Voodoo for the first time today. I love it. Straight as an arrow and will hold an anhyzer line. My other putters have had varying degrees of fade, not this one (unless you put a slight hyzer angle on it). I felt like I had complete control with it.

Who makes the Voodoo? I have never heard of this disc.

has anyone ever thrown an innova hydra

yep, Its a decent P&A disc ... I would only use it if there was a chance of throwing my putter into the water on an overshoot. (I dont actually own one, Ive just used my bro's)
There was a thread about using the Hydra as a putter a little while back, there might be somehting helpful in there http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1042

Is the Hydra still in current production, I thought I had heard Innova was going to discontinue it at some point?

Who makes the Voodoo? I have never heard of this disc.
Check out Tom's upcoming CCR tourney. He runs all Gateway payout events that are inexpensive and fun. Even if you don't cash, his prices are just about as good as you can do at the best online vendors :eek:

ERic

end of October early November ... heres David McCormack's blog about it
http://gatewaydiscs.blogspot.com/2008/10/voodoo-and-warrior-prototypes.html

I love the guy's product, but apparently he's kinda a douche. Our top local pro, Brent Koontz, wrote a story for him to put on his site about his first time playing and how his entire family is into the game. Well, the story goes that David told him he wasn't going to use the story, so there was no need to compensate Brent for the effort. However, not a week later the story was up on his site and Brent hadn't heard a word from the dude. Rather than pay Brent, he took the story down. I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'. I love the wizard and carry two in my bag, when I asked Brent to order some gateway stuff for the club he offered me this tidbit and refused to order the discs. I won't let it stop me from throwing gw, but I thought it was interesting.

The only evidence I have are my dealings with them, but my impression of Gateway is that they are ridiculously unorganized there. It seems like a lot of misunderstandings stem from that.

I love the guy's product, but apparently he's kinda a douche. Our top local pro, Brent Koontz, wrote a story for him to put on his site about his first time playing and how his entire family is into the game. Well, the story goes that David told him he wasn't going to use the story, so there was no need to compensate Brent for the effort. However, not a week later the story was up on his site and Brent hadn't heard a word from the dude. Rather than pay Brent, he took the story down. I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'. I love the wizard and carry two in my bag, when I asked Brent to order some gateway stuff for the club he offered me this tidbit and refused to order the discs. I won't let it stop me from throwing gw, but I thought it was interesting.
I won't defend Dave to anybody, as he is far from a perfect guy who has his demons. One thing a guy like Brent knows and should take into consideration is that until recently Dave owned a construction company and no matter what traveling pro disc golfer wandered into St. Louis, Dave would let them stay at his place and work for his construction company to build up some dough to get back on the road. He certainly has his shortcomings as a businessman, but he has given a lot to pro golfers like Brent over the years.

Until recently Dave was running GDS and his construction company. A lot of people had elevated GDS to the # 3 position in golf discs, but it wasn't making enough money to be a full-time gig for the owner. Now that he has closed down the construction company and can devote more time to GDS, hopefully some of the "ridiculously unorganized" will get fixed over there.

Now that he has closed down the construction company and can devote more time to GDS, hopefully some of the "ridiculously unorganized" will get fixed over there.
That's good news. I liked dealing with them, they just didn't seem organized at all. I will point out that the disorganization worked in my favor, too. I'd love to see them more focused, they make some great discs.

I won't defend Dave to anybody, as he is far from a perfect guy who has his demons. One thing a guy like Brent knows and should take into consideration is that until recently Dave owned a construction company and no matter what traveling pro disc golfer wandered into St. Louis, Dave would let them stay at his place and work for his construction company to build up some dough to get back on the road. He certainly has his shortcomings as a businessman, but he has given a lot to pro golfers like Brent over the years.

Until recently Dave was running GDS and his construction company. A lot of people had elevated GDS to the # 3 position in golf discs, but it wasn't making enough money to be a full-time gig for the owner. Now that he has closed down the construction company and can devote more time to GDS, hopefully some of the "ridiculously unorganized" will get fixed over there.

Good to hear, man. It was probably some misunderstanding and Brent felt hurt about the whole thing.