• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Finnish putting game

Through my technological idiocy I may have got overexcited on Friday - I'm not sure the above is any different really to what was posted earlier in the thread (and what I used to score on Friday) , it's a webapp not an IOS app app which is different apparently - who knew? (hangs head embarrassed)

Hey ho, whatever - it's still a great game....If I ever post anything about technology again, ignore me. straight away.

Very few of the rounds entered have had PDGA ratings with them so there is not very comprehensive data yet regarding the ratio.

Average score is 413,8
Lowest is 186
Best is 782
74% of entered scores are from finland and 24% from USA

Enter yours at:

http://goo.gl/forms/yQfDcJhDtx

I entered mine but i must be special as I can't find where i can see other's data. Is there another link?

Did a nearly-complete overhaul to the data structures in JYLY android app as well as jyly.altervista.org cross-platform web-app. Sadly, the update needs to wipe all history so far, but this should be the only time - the new data structure allows new variables to be introduced with more flexibility. Sorry for the wipe but... alphas be alphas.

On the upside: now the app logs the time of the round as well as the score array. Now basically - if so desired - the round can be reproduced for statistical analyses or whatnot. Currently the apps show session success percentages from different distances for each individual round.

Download JYLY a0.3.0 HERE (Same disclaimer applies as before)
Or if you're running on iOS or WP8, basically anything with newer than ancient browser, head to jyly.altervista.org to use the same app in web-app form!

Last edited:
Even though the data should stay, what I'm going to try to do is screenshot each round for the string of 20 rounds. If the iOS app comes out I can put those in.

Even though the data should stay, what I'm going to try to do is screenshot each round for the string of 20 rounds. If the iOS app comes out I can put those in.
Could be wise. Clearing browser data is so automated action at least for me to do that even though the data is persistent, accidental wipes from the user side can happen.

Hopefully you'll never need those screenshots [emoji14]

Great practice regiment. Thanks to the OP for sharing!

I have 30' of space to work with in the basement so I altered the stations to be at 10', 15', 20', 25', and 30'. That being said, my first round was scored just over 650. I realize that my field is shortened a bit but I'm now thinking that perhaps Charleston's indoor putting league was worthwhile for all those winter months!

The part about this game I enjoy the most is the unpredictable nature of putting stations. It's likely that after five shots you will be forced to change the distance of your delivery. I'm unsure if it is embedded into the design of the game, but this formula forces players to work on the "trouble spots" inside the circle - the distance where players begin to miss the majority of their putts.

Today I'm going to try the game again in my secondary stance. Yesterday was all primary so straddle putts will be in order for my second round. Perhaps I might alternate from each station between stances in the future as it's a goal of mine to improve upon straddle putting inside the circle this year. I only wish I would have heard of this before spring time rolled around!

^ I've only got 28' to comfortably work with in my basement. So I did 15', 18', 21', 24', 27', 28'. The web app works (worked?) great last night.

QUESTION: Am I missing the way to save old score/ multiple rounds for one player? So I can look at ongoing stats, not ingle round stats? I'm using the web app on an iPhone.

^ I've only got 28' to comfortably work with in my basement. So I did 15', 18', 21', 24', 27', 28'. The web app works (worked?) great last night.

QUESTION: Am I missing the way to save old score/ multiple rounds for one player? So I can look at ongoing stats, not ingle round stats? I'm using the web app on an iPhone.

The web app saves the round into a database when you click "FINISH" in the postgame screen. "DISCARD" destroys the played round. The database is persistent, so the stats-screen should show all saved rounds in the charts and tables - clicking the chart nodes reveal round spesific stats. General screen is composition of all rounds, both in normal and long mode.

If you had played a round yesterday and tried to look at it's stats today I have bad news for you... If you check my post some six-seven hours ago, I did a major overhaul to the database itself and had to do complete wipe. I apologize for the losses, but this should be the only wipe - the new data structure is way better handling the introduction of new variables than the old.

So, TLDR: You save a round with "FINISH" button, it's persistent. Did a wipe earlier today so probably that's the cause. The only wipe needed.

351 first round... 421 second round. I need get better at trusting my form from 9/10 meters. I am muscling it to the basket at that distance and when I go back to 5/6/7/8 meters, everything is out of whack. It takes a throw or two to get back into rhythm.

Puttz - web app for scoring the game

Apologies, I didnt realise the link to my test app had been posted by rhatton1 already! - and I didnt quite realise there was another app in this space. Ho hum!

I wrote the this app one evening last week as I couldnt get to sleep. Its started as a simple scorecard to store your scores. It took a couple of hours. I then took it a little further on Sunday (a few more hours!) and on the train to work today to make it a little more awesome.

Im not sure if it does all the scoring, if not you can copy and paste the details out. It supports multiplayer and historical data. Check it out.

Please note its a web app. This means it runs in your web browser, the data is stored in 'local storage' and so remains after you close your browser but not if you delete all your data. Simply pin it to your home screen or bookmark it. It should work on any reasonable phone.

Anyway, the app is here: http://cdgcapp.net/puttz

(please dont use that past link that was posted as thats where the test app is!)

Comments welcome - let me know if you find a bug. Oh its open source too so and available on github if you;'e interested in forking or translating it...

^ Ah. This is the app I'd been using. Can you save multiple scores to one player? I couldn't figure that out last night. Had to just start new players. And can you save all your scores over time?

Good app though. Really enjoyed it for hours last evening. THANK YOU.

Yup, this new version has full history for multiple players. It only stores your stats for previous rounds though not the full score set.

I might have got a little carried away with this as I was using it as a catalyst to learn some new technology...!

^ Does it keep rolling percentages from the different distances? That was on the one thing I'd most like to be able to track over time.

I stoked to try the new version tonight. The tester was really good.

It gives your last 3 rolling average score, and shows all the rest line by line. It shows percent but doesnt average it out. But it could!

Open to any suggestions for improvements. I sort of made it up as I went as the original plan was just to store the scores for copying into the spreadsheet...

Well, that would be my one hope and suggestion then.
I think it would be great to be able to track improvement at certain distances over time.
regardless, I am stoked to spend three hours of my night (again) with it tonight. And with several Guinnesses. Again.