• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

First Encounter With Disc Thieves

I've had at least 4 stolen from me but I can say that they were my fault for leaving them and forgetting about them after I threw.

I let a friend throw my Opto River on hole 16 at Tyler State Park...threw it right down the middle of the fairway...I forgot I let him throw it as I was into my own throw and game...walked off the hole and remembered two holes later...went back to look for it and it was gone..name and number inside but no call.

I threw a roc on hole 9 at Tyler State Park as a second shot as I was alone and tried something. I walked off again without picking it up. Got halfway down the fairway on 10 and remembered that I threw it and ran back after it...GONE..and no one was behind me. name and number inside the rim...no call back.

I threw a Protostar Banshee as a spike hyzer fooling around on hole 26 at Tyler State Park. Left it behind because I got a phone call from the Ex to pick my son up from a playdate. I get a phone call from someone saying they found my disc. The guy said he would leave it behind a tree at the tee box on hole 1. Went to pick it up and GONZO...someone found the disc and stole it...again name and number in the rim and no second call back.

Threw a roc at Sedgley on hole 24 on the 3rd nine in the back of the park. Got excited because I basically parked (15' away)from the basket on a long and hard hole. Made the putt and just walked off the hole without the roc. Name and number in the rim and no call back.

I hope these people who now have my discs get cursed with the grip locks on every throw for the rest of their lives. May you miss every putt you attempt to make and get poison ivy every season you play this sport.

last fall I let my brother toss my destroyer on hole #2 here and of course it meat hooked hard, right into #1s fairway. As he was walking to grab it a group went by and just picked it up and slipped it in his bag and continued walking. Me being not one for confrontation appologized for throwing in on them and asked if they seen where it landed.. Of course all of the group just mumbles no and play clueless..

a couple months later we held a glow tourney on a rainy night and quite a few discs got left in the creek due to the weather. Next moring I returned to get my comet I left and sure enough the group that stole my destroyer was out playing, and every disc was gone. There were over 5 discs that just dissapeared in that 7 hour time frame. Coincidence?

Hole 18 at Kentwood about 7 years ago, I had my hole bag stolen. I threw a couple extra putts to finish and one rolled into the creek bed. I get out of the creek and the punks are peeling out of the parking lot and my bag is gone.

Probably the best thing for my game at the time, I was playing with some dumb plastic. I was just lucky that I didn't keep my keys/wallet/phone in my bag all the time like I do now.

Left a gummy HPP Spirit behind at Iroquois in Louisville, KY. Went back less than 15 minutes later and it was gone. I get a call from a buddy a few weeks later saying he found it at PIAS for $4. That means some d-bag took a measly $2 instead of making a phone call... seriously... $2 what a loser.

There were some kids appearently stealing discs @ Telulah too. Sounds like they'd wait til you'd throw around a dog leg on a hole, then run out and snatch the discs