• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Fishers,In

Matthew boals

Eagle Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
A 9 hole,18 tee course has been approved for install by the fishers parks dept. I should be ready for play in the spring! I will have Alt pin placements and two sets of concrete tees. 6 holes will have Mud Creek on the right side and a few open bomber holes! It's located at Cumberland Rd. Park. The S.W. Corner 106th St & Cumberland Rd.

Here are some numbers, nothing final. But this is close. Am; A-1984,B-2570'. Pros; A-2864',B-3468' Pro B will have; 3 holes 275'-300....2 holes 350'-400'....3 holes 400'-450'....1 hole about 600' we hope to get a mound or two for a roll-a-way green. The pro tee locations will force a few "thread the needle" holes with the creek on the right and old growth making anywhere from a 15'-30' fairway.

The fishers parks dept. Has ordered the Discatchers! We hope this will be in the ground by the end of July. There is NO set opening date. The Indy area will have three new courses by the end of summer. This one, Northview Church & Sheridan, IN.

rec'd the sponsorship check today for the sheridan course.
planning a fundraiser on july 4th at the course.
things are looking good for end of july in sheridan also!

The fishers parks dept. Has ordered the Discatchers! We hope this will be in the ground by the end of July. There is NO set opening date. The Indy area will have three new courses by the end of summer. This one, Northview Church & Sheridan, IN.

The Hill @ Northview Church opens THIS MONDAY! hope to see a big turnout!!! Pro shop located in Capstone at the church (get plenty of drinks to take out on the course, it'll be a scorcher) do we know of an official date for fishers?

Baskets are on the way to the Fishers Parks Dept and the artwork is in production on the tee-signs for the new course at Cumberland Park (SE corner of 106th St. & Cumberland Rd.) in Fishers. The course should be in by late July or early August. The Am tees will provide a very nice course to learn on for new players, and the Pro tees will give any player a challenge. Lots of large mature trees, open bomber shots and prevelant water hazards. See you on the course soon!

Baskets are on the way to the Fishers Parks Dept and the artwork is in production on the tee-signs for the new course at Cumberland Park (SE corner of 106th St. & Cumberland Rd.) in Fishers. The course should be in by late July or early August. The Am tees will provide a very nice course to learn on for new players, and the Pro tees will give any player a challenge. Lots of large mature trees, open bomber shots and prevelant water hazards. See you on the course soon!

Any update on when this will be open?

...waiting

No firm date yet, but it should be soon. Baskets and signs are ready. Stay tuned!

soon..

The baskets are at the Fishers Parks dept, and the tee-signs should be here any day. Hopefully we will get an installation date very soon... :|

Finally!!

I talked with the Fishers Parks Super today, and they will begin installation of the Cumberland Park course next Wednesday (21st). Should be done by the end of the week! I am really excited 'cause this course is less than 2 miles from my house!!:thmbup:

Why couldn't there have been all these courses in Indy 30 years ago, when I lived there (71st and Shadeland)? If I didn't want to play a round of object golf at Ellenberger park (which was a pretty good object course), I had to drive up to the Peru KOA to play on a pole hole course, or a little later, the S&H Campground course east of town.

You guys got it nice, now, I hope you appreciate it.

BTW, if you ever see an old player, Noel Bewley, PDGA #1294, give him a shout out from me.

Last edited:
I talked with the Fishers Parks Super today, and they will begin installation of the Cumberland Park course next Wednesday (21st). Should be done by the end of the week! I am really excited 'cause this course is less than 2 miles from my house!!:thmbup:

Outstanding. I would like to check it Friday if it is open by then.

Thanks to everyone who has done all the behind the scene work!.....Dennis Byrne ( The"Hill", Biddle, Hillcrest, Eagle eye, Cumberland Rd. (2/3 weeks)). And more coming. And the Muncie Dg club (with Jerry Suiter,Designer) for the yorktown course. I don't know how worked on the lapel and new Palestine courses. You know who you are.... Thanks!

Latest posts