• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Fixing Warped Plastic

VajraChild

Hello, all. Yesterday I received several Legacy discs I'd ordered. I dunno whether it's because they were crammed tightly into the packaging or what, but two of them are warped. A Clutch and a Clozer, both in Icon plastic, just aren't totally, you know...circular.

Is there any way to fix this? I bent and twisted them manually but it didn't do any good. Any tips or tricks out there?

You can leave them outside in the sun for an hour or two or lay them upside down on the counter and pour boiling hot water into them and let them cool (might flatten any dome though).

I echo half of what Birdie says. Sit out and let them warm and then put a heavy flat book on top and leave for several hours.

If you want to keep your dome put your disc in a bowl of boiled water and let it sit for a few minutes. When you take it out let it cool upside down on top of some even height soup cans, but make sure the contact points are on the edges of the disc's rim. Gravity will reform the dome as it cools

I have used different sized mixer bowls to hold the disc inverted with hot water and covered the rim with a massive book as it sat on the mixing dish. Not that a lot of people have Exhaustive Concordances laying around but large coffee-table books with some weights (or smaller books) should do the trick.

Fill a sink with the hottest water you can produce. I'm talking sub-boiling. Place discs in water. Let them chill for about an hour in the hot water, adding heat as necessary. Once malleable, place disc face-up on a flat surface. Keep putting more discs on top of your warped one, perfectly centered, until your warped one conforms to flat. Now, you wait. End result should be a nice, uniform-rimmed disc if you do everything right. If your discs are puddle topped, I got tricks for that as well, let me know. Good luck, dude.