• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Flatpad teepads

Have we now reached a point where everything I try to bring up as a positive side ends up being dismissed unilaterally.

seems more like nearly everything everyone else brings up as a criticism is dismissed or not directly addressed by you. your response to some of the really accurate and well-thought criticisms here have basically been "here's why i'm still right"

the comments here aren't coming from a place of hating your product or wishing your business to fail, they just want you to be honest in your claims and representations.

They're not really trying to market these as a better alternative to cement.

Yea I know. Re-read op's original post and I get it but I'd still rather play a tourney on a course with concrete teepads. High price + fast installation does not equate to quality or something that will last awhile. If these are being sold as a quick, temporary teepad for tourneys on pop-up courses then ok, I guess they are ok but that price alone makes them a hard sell imo.

It seems to me that the main selling points are:

* Portability
* Quick installation
* Less labor for installation

All the rest are side-benefits, at most.

It seems to me that the main selling points are:

* Portability
* Quick installation
* Less labor for installation

All the rest are side-benefits, at most.

Those are good selling points but I'm confused as to why this is even a thing.

Are they trying to host tourneys on temporary courses only? Why not just host tournaments on permanent courses that have permanent teepads? If they wanted to change the holes, they could simply put in temp baskets and change OB lines to fit tourney-style play.

Those are good selling points but I'm confused as to why this is even a thing.

Are they trying to host tourneys on temporary courses only? Why not just host tournaments on permanent courses that have permanent teepads? If they wanted to change the holes, they could simply put in temp baskets and change OB lines to fit tourney-style play.

I'm skeptical of the market.

I wouldn't think there'd be enough tournaments on temp courses.

Presumably, they also think some new permanent courses will think it worthwhile to install these as permanent tees.

My opinion is that it's a solution looking for a problem -- and a very expensive one. But if they find a market, more power to them. In that regard, I think they should hit on the main selling points, and go light on the side-benefits.

Have we now reached a point where everything I try to bring up as a positive side ends up being dismissed unilaterally.

Maybe it's not that great of a product then.

I'd love it if you'd prove me wrong but I doubt you will.

I mean, you're using steel for a teepad...it's kinda like putting Perrellis on a Prius.

seems more like nearly everything everyone else brings up as a criticism is dismissed or not directly addressed by you. your response to some of the really accurate and well-thought criticisms here have basically been "here's why i'm still right"

the comments here aren't coming from a place of hating your product or wishing your business to fail, they just want you to be honest in your claims and representations.

Point me to one because I must not have noticed then. I have tried to answer the criticism well and comprehensively, but some of my answers have been completely ignored. For example #110 where I told about safety issues.

Point me to one because I must not have noticed then. I have tried to answer the criticism well and comprehensively, but some of my answers have been completely ignored. For example #110 where I told about safety issues.

The teepads themselves look great, look like they grip well but let me ask you this:

Do you think there is a big enough market for these teepads that your business won't go bankrupt in a year or two?

My biggest piece of advice would be to maybe consider manufacturing smaller, more affordable ones for personal use or for smaller recreational level courses just in case you don't get enough business from major DG companies looking to host a pro tourney.

In terms of the issue of safety, the drop-off at the end of the teepad can pretty much be avoided by people starting their run-up a little further back but that also brings up the issue of whether the beginning if the teepad is level to the ground or not. If someone has to constantly be looking down at their feet during the initial part of their run-up to make sure they step up onto the teepad, that could perhaps ruin people's concentration and therefore they might not be throwing at their best.

I'll admit I didn't read any of the early posts except for the original post itself but I gotta say I think you might be onto something.. whether it's sustainable I'm not sure.

The teepads themselves look great, look like they grip well but let me ask you this:

Do you think there is a big enough market for these teepads that your business won't go bankrupt in a year or two?

My biggest piece of advice would be to maybe consider manufacturing smaller, more affordable ones for personal use or for smaller recreational level courses just in case you don't get enough business from major DG companies looking to host a pro tourney.

In terms of the issue of safety, the drop-off at the end of the teepad can pretty much be avoided by people starting their run-up a little further back but that also brings up the issue of whether the beginning if the teepad is level to the ground or not. If someone has to constantly be looking down at their feet during the initial part of their run-up to make sure they step up onto the teepad, that could perhaps ruin people's concentration and therefore they might not be throwing at their best.

I'll admit I didn't read any of the early posts except for the original post itself but I gotta say I think you might be onto something.. whether it's sustainable I'm not sure.

Thank you. This is well written and helps me understand what the issue is.

Our business is not entirely built on teepad products. If that were the case, the pressure to succeed quickly would be too great. The company behind the product produces numerous different special products in the metal industry. Starting with research and product development. Then also product design and production.

In general, we think that the market is developing in disc golf in the direction that a factory-made teepad is relevant and there will be a demand for it.

Safety is the top priority. Of course, we listen to customers and users. These matters related to height have already been studied and it is possible to take this matter into account in the future. We have now decided that this product line is now available and we are selling it. If there is a demand for different products, we can design and manufacture the solutions required by the market quickly and flexibly.

As a company, we can therefore offer different products for different needs. We currently have one product line with five products. In addition to these, different variations can be made according to needs.

Thank you. This is well written and helps me understand what the issue is.

Our business is not entirely built on teepad products. If that were the case, the pressure to succeed quickly would be too great. The company behind the product produces numerous different special products in the metal industry. Starting with research and product development. Then also product design and production.

In general, we think that the market is developing in disc golf in the direction that a factory-made teepad is relevant and there will be a demand for it.

Safety is the top priority. Of course, we listen to customers and users. These matters related to height have already been studied and it is possible to take this matter into account in the future. We have now decided that this product line is now available and we are selling it. If there is a demand for different products, we can design and manufacture the solutions required by the market quickly and flexibly.

As a company, we can therefore offer different products for different needs. We currently have one product line with five products. In addition to these, different variations can be made according to needs.

Wish you the best of luck! I noticed the yellow line at the end of the teepad to mark where you'd be stepping over the edge. I think that will definitely help as a visual cue to show people where you'll be going over the edge.

One thing I forgot to ask, are the legs on the teepads heigh-adjustable?? If not, I think that might be something to look into as obviously not every surface is going to be completely flat and I've often wished I had a teepad where I could adjust the heights of the front and back.

Wish you the best of luck! I noticed the yellow line at the end of the teepad to mark where you'd be stepping over the edge. I think that will definitely help as a visual cue to show people where you'll be going over the edge.

I assume the yellow is the non-tee area -- that player must release before the end. Not a warning area. This would help with the safety concern on follow-throughs.

One thing I forgot to ask, are the legs on the teepads heigh-adjustable?? If not, I think that might be something to look into as obviously not every surface is going to be completely flat and I've often wished I had a teepad where I could adjust the heights of the front and back.

The yellow area is specifically a protection area. The color has been chosen precisely for visual visibility.
Each of the legs has a separate adjustment and thus can be adjusted to be completely flat on the terrain. The adjustment is intentionally limited to stay within a safe operating range in terms of overall height. The larger adjustments must therefore be made by shaping the terrain.

This video shows the installation and adjustment in more detail.
https://youtu.be/8wWu4XWZXw8

How big is that space? Doesn't seem very tall. You're not seeing it from a distance. And very rarely are you going to be seeing that portion of the teepad on coverage, either.

I'm not trying to be purposely pessimistic. I'm simply pointing out that all these perceived advantages you bring up really aren't advantages. You're seemingly incapable of removing your rose colored glasses and seeing things as they are.

Again, you have a unique product that undoubtedly has use in some applications. But , you're way behind a lot of other options, fail to recognize and admit it, and keep coming up with all these so called advantages to try and justify your products existence.

Sorry, missed this message.

The height of the edge is 12 cm and the circumference of this platform is 14 meters. The total area is therefore about 1.7 m2 (18.3 ft2). For comparison, the headband of a typical basket has an area of ​​about 0.05m2 (0.6 ft2). big tee sign 12" X 18" about 0,14 m2 (1.5 ft2). So a teepad ad of this size is 34 times larger than a basket ad and 12 times larger than a large tee sign.

I also note that it is also possible to attach taller advertisements to the edge, depending on the installation and location. It would be fair to say that this is a new opportunity in terms of advertising.

I agree with jake, the intended advertising space isn't actually that valuable. Too small for video, and not noticeable for casual players and spectators unlike basket headbands or tee signs.

See the message above where I told about the dimensions of the advertising space.
Of course, you can disagree, but our view and also our experience is that this is significantly more visible than a basket headband ad or tee sign ad.
For video, the size of the ads is also sufficient, when this is taken into account in the design of the ads. Of course, the viewing angles and the framing of the video should be taken into account. But these things apply to any advertisement equally.

See the message above where I told about the dimensions of the advertising space.
Of course, you can disagree, but our view and also our experience is that this is significantly more visible than a basket headband ad or tee sign ad.
For video, the size of the ads is also sufficient, when this is taken into account in the design of the ads. Of course, the viewing angles and the framing of the video should be taken into account. But these things apply to any advertisement equally.

The viewing angles and framing of the video should be taken into account...and yes it applies to any advertisement...but the common video angle is behind the player looking out onto the fairway. That's why tee signs/banners are commonly used. They put that advertising where it's most likely to be seen...and your potential advertisement area isn't visible on that angle very well.

The advertising seems to be "permanent ", not attached by tape or something else. You promote the portability of these, why would DGPT (probably the best target for this) want them? They would have to be able to easily change the sponsor info every tournament. It's easier to stick up signs.

In another post, you mentioned cities, municipalities, etc as the target....around here and probably most places, cities, etc will not spend that kind of money on disc golf courses.

You also keep referring to the Tynni tournament's use of your pads. Did they buy the teepads or did you donate them to showcase them? Would the course have used them if you didn't donate/loan them?

Did you do a post tournament survey of the players to see what they thought of them compared to other teepads?

Sorry, missed this message.

The height of the edge is 12 cm and the circumference of this platform is 14 meters. The total area is therefore about 1.7 m2 (18.3 ft2). For comparison, the headband of a typical basket has an area of ​​about 0.05m2 (0.6 ft2). big tee sign 12" X 18" about 0,14 m2 (1.5 ft2). So a teepad ad of this size is 34 times larger than a basket ad and 12 times larger than a large tee sign.

I also note that it is also possible to attach taller advertisements to the edge, depending on the installation and location. It would be fair to say that this is a new opportunity in terms of advertising.

So you are talking about an advertisement, to be seen at a distance, of less than 5" in height? What kinds of advertising are you envisioning here? Not much room for much information. At least not in a easily digestible manner. And if you are talking about wrapping an ad all the way around the pad.....I'm gonna have to ask if you are legit serious here.....

TLDR:

Advertising space available is utterly irrelevant.

There are strong opinions here without any real basis knowing our products personally based on experience. Purely based on your own prejudices and views on what you guess based on the information that is available. That's okay, that will be gratefully accepted. Let's remember that this forum is not our marketing channel, but a discussion on the topic. I value your opinions and we have to prove our own views to be true, so that what we are after can be proven. Good.

We are in the very early stages of bringing the product to the market, but it also says something that it arouses emotions and creates discussion. That already has value in itself. It would be pointless to start debating these matters further. I offer information and listen to your opinions with pleasure. As said, our success is ultimately measured in the market.

There are strong opinions here without any real basis knowing our products personally based on experience. Purely based on your own prejudices and views on what you guess based on the information that is available. That's okay, that will be gratefully accepted. Let's remember that this forum is not our marketing channel, but a discussion on the topic. I value your opinions and we have to prove our own views to be true, so that what we are after can be proven. Good.

We are in the very early stages of bringing the product to the market, but it also says something that it arouses emotions and creates discussion. That already has value in itself. It would be pointless to start debating these matters further. I offer information and listen to your opinions with pleasure. As said, our success is ultimately measured in the market.

Wow.

So you're saying that a forum full of disc golfers, your end users, are just making uninformed and uneducated assumptions based on the information available information.

Well for starters, many of us have used various styles of teepads, and can formulate opinions based on experience. There are also several course designers/advisors present here also. The information we have is coming straight from you, and you're completely unable to adequately address many legit concerns or cons that people are discussing.

No one here has any problem with your profile. Many have wished you the best in your endeavors.

The biggest issue seems to be your utter delusion about many things here. Obviously you think your product is the best ever. We are voicing why we disagree.

But what do we know. We just play disc golf........do you???