• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Flex Shots

discspeed said:
lovetoDG said:
marmoset said:
Firebirds will definitely work but they are sooooo overstable that they fight out of the steepest of anhyzers pretty quickly. That's why the Eagle X (EX) works so well. They have a slight bit of HSS understability if you throw fast enough; this allows the disc to hold the anny for a while before fighting out of it. Firebirds will fight left as soon as it leaves your hand even if you start with 90° of anhyzer. I use the Firebird like that once in a blue moon but the EX will probably be more useful for you in the long run.

I checked it out with my Champ Firebird and Eagle X today. I didn't realize I had Eagle X in my stock the whole time because it used to be my wife's disc. Firebird flexed over 300ft beautifully in tunnel woods which was similar to Eagle X but bit longer. It was kinda easy to throw flex shots with Firebird so I sorta prefer Firebird over Eagle X. I suggest you to try those Firebirds again.

You must be throwing one of those domey 12x if it is that easy to flex. My 11x flats are like slower Spirits...among the most overstable discs I've ever thrown and too overstable for a long flex shot unless I'm in the wide open and kill it.

Yeah, what Discspeed said. If I wing it as hard as I can, add massive oat, and release with massive anny it will still pop out earlier than I want for most shots. But it works for 1 shot every 10th round or so. Mine is a flat-ish 12x... 150 grams of course.

nd1o4w.jpg

Frank Delicious said:

This brings up an intriguing, yet frivolous, argument. What is the official disc of the Bear? Bears get no love from Innova, although cats(including cheetahs, bitches), birds, dinosaurs, and goblins do. Discraft hates animals, period. Daredevil makes a polar bear putter right? Thats not a very strong figurehead for the cave bears, a putter. Thoughts?

Frank Delicious said:
Official bear disc:

Predator.

Its a natural fact that Bears would rather find or steal a meal than hunt. That seems to suggest that the Roc (vulture) would be an appropriate official Bear disc as well. Then again, bears also love honey, which could lead to the Buzzz...

discspeed said:
Frank Delicious said:
Official bear disc:

Predator.

Its a natural fact that Bears would rather find or steal a meal than hunt. That seems to suggest that the Roc (vulture) would be an appropriate official Bear disc as well. Then again, bears also love honey, which could lead to the Buzzz...

we're lazy predators but we are still predators.

death by hyzer said:
depending on the shot, either a nd surge or a star destroyer

Those are both great flex discs. Star wraiths and bosses also work. You need something with some LSS so it comes back at the end of flight.