• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Flippiest disc ever?

I thought it was actually the maximizer which was understable and GGGT has many of both these molds--pretty sure you can order bulk as they make them locally.

the optimizer I threw was unusable, it was so understable (and it was pretty much brand new). threw it on a spike hyzer at approach distance and it flipped and rolled.

never thrown a maximizer but I doubt it's that flippy.

Ur looking for an optimizer. Trust me.

I logged in to say this ^^^^ IMO to the point of being useless.

Although, I did make a lot of very long putts with it... just floated and floated, S-ing all the way. Then my dog ate it and I forgot about it.

I logged in to say this ^^^^ IMO to the point of being useless.

Although, I did make a lot of very long putts with it... just floated and floated, S-ing all the way. Then my dog ate it and I forgot about it.

And now the dog rolls over on command! :hfive:

my BEAT BEAT BEAT X Nuke. never thrown a flipper disc. threw it for a year and a half daily using it purely as a tomahawk disc. Its thrashed to death flippy.

if you r into something wierd. try an innova jaguar. the have a huge diameter, are very understable, and a well built for long rollers. used throwers can be got for 10$ here and there

I'm looking for something for a short range RHBH roller that'll flip without much force/power/speed/spin.

Probably the flippiest thing I've thrown is a recycled ruby from latitude.
Anyone else bag this kinda disc for this purpose?

Even my beat to crap dx pna aviar isn't super flippy to me. And not sure how good it would roll.

I'm guessing most answers would be a putter but who knows?

dx wolf!!!!

I got one of those baskets from Costco that came with three discs. Putter and mid were ok but the distance driver (looked like the top half of a driver, but had pretty much NO bottom) was way flippy.

From a standstill I could flick it with the wing pointed at the ground, it would flip all the way over into a roller at about 125'.

I have that costo basket. I think most people don't have the right idea. Flippiest would be flippy at Low speeds. Even that costco driver isn't exactly flippy at very low speed. The putter would be flippier.

Also I used to have a dx wolf, but that wasn't super flippy either.
I still say the recycled ruby was the flippiest thing ever for me. Must have been the glide too.

I may have chimed in earlier in this thread..........but gotta say optimizer also. Only thing I own that is flip pier is my 80g wammo flying saucer from 1959!

SlippySF2.png

I play with a guy that has a super beat 150g test material diamond.. it flips up and over and barely fades back if at all at 150' thrown nose up

I use my Skeeter for short to mid sky rollers. I use my Pure for putt rollers.

If you're more interested in having a slow disc solely for the purpose of rollers, I would check out a lighter weight DX Stingray. They have more of a fairway driver-ish rim which is pretty conducive for plowing through grass and little sticks and such.

....I say beat up a DX Wedge or Stingray.

...for the shot you are asking about I might use a beat lightweight (130s) skeeter or stingray, or a lightweight dx leopard.

No Stingray love? I throw that shot with a beat up DX Stingray. Find a light one and your good to go, mine is a 180 so not took a minute to break it to that point.
DX Stingray gets my vote too. Granted the one I use is 15 years old and beat to pieces, but even at slow speeds on a hard hyzer and I can't keep it from turning over. Great rolling edge.

Peoply really don't understand what is "flippy".

1981 patent pending Aero would be "flippy" to today's standards, even a 40 mold MF would be "flippy".

Yet the pros back then could seriously show you what those discs are capable of doing.

"Flippy" to the modern DGer, seems to mean "I throw it as absolutely hard as I can, and it turns to the right, so therefore it's no good." Such a vast difference of "OK so I'm using this disc, and I need to throw it this way to get my desired result."

the optimizer I threw was unusable, it was so understable (and it was pretty much brand new). threw it on a spike hyzer at approach distance and it flipped and rolled.

never thrown a maximizer but I doubt it's that flippy.

I also agree. Instant roller

Peoply really don't understand what is "flippy".

1981 patent pending Aero would be "flippy" to today's standards, even a 40 mold MF would be "flippy".

Yet the pros back then could seriously show you what those discs are capable of doing.

"Flippy" to the modern DGer, seems to mean "I throw it as absolutely hard as I can, and it turns to the right, so therefore it's no good." Such a vast difference of "OK so I'm using this disc, and I need to throw it this way to get my desired result."

This man gets it.