• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Flipping a Surge. Recommend me a disc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody's angry, and I'm not sure how you inferred that. Just offering some advice from my personal experience playing for money in the Open division here in MN. He'll only get better by taking the correct advice for him.

All I know is Nate Doss throws them and doesn't have a problem. He does have a little arm though. :|

The OP hasn't ben on since this morning, so we've just been chatting amongst ourselves. This thread smells of heavily of knowledge and conjecture. ;)

I had this problem with a couple surge i have thrown. I started with the wraith and went to the surge because it turns easier for me, but the first surge i bought would sometimes turn but take way too long to come out of it, i have since found some that wont do that.

If u are truly turning a surge into the ground from a hyzer, then a 175g champion wraith should work perfect for ya. The wraith is a touch faster and more overstable, especially in champ plastic.

Also why is no one actually answering the OPs question??? If he would of asked about a form question you would have Pre.rude. him. He asked about a disc, try to stay on topic. 99% of people on this site have form flaws but start threads about discs.

Cant we all just get along??

The reason for the change of direction is that anyone who's thrown a Surge knows it to be a fairly overstable disc. The best short term action is probably to get a seasoned pro that the OP knows and respects to see if he can throw it straight. If it is a freak flippy Surge the pro should be able to confirm it quickly. If he can get it out over 400' straight or with hyzer the OP will have empirical evidence that it's something he's doing. The good part of this is that if he's already really throwing 375 - 450', once he identifies the needed change not only will he have added accuracy, it will likely come with some added distance too.

So Ksharp, get some other big arm to throw your Surge. This will give you the feedback you need to go in the right direction. I've had several players whose opinion I respect try to point out a flaw, but after going through all my self-checks I couldn't convince myself they were right until I could see it for myself. And yeah, if you're throwing a Surge that far you'll probably like a Destroyeer too.

I had this problem with a couple surge i have thrown. I started with the wraith and went to the surge because it turns easier for me, but the first surge i bought would sometimes turn but take way too long to come out of it, i have since found some that wont do that.

If u are truly turning a surge into the ground from a hyzer, then a 175g champion wraith should work perfect for ya. The wraith is a touch faster and more overstable, especially in champ plastic.

Also why is no one actually answering the OPs question??? If he would of asked about a form question you would have Pre.rude. him. He asked about a disc, try to stay on topic. 99% of people on this site have form flaws but start threads about discs.

Cant we all just get along??

Yes switch discs to the innova equivalent instead of fix the real issue :rolleyes: If you have trouble flipping a zone, you should try a Rhyno too.

Yes switch discs to the innova equivalent instead of fix the real issue :rolleyes: If you have trouble flipping a zone, you should try a Rhyno too.

If they were the same disc im sure there would be a patent issue or lawsuit. Lets all ignore his question, tell him he is a liar and he is throwing it all wrong, then try and fix his form ( which he never asked about) with interweb opinions.

Good job guys, this site gets better every day:doh:

Typical new thread
DGCR NOOB: I am flipping a Firebird what should I do
POSTER 1: Fix your form
DGCR NOOB: My form is fine, I can throw 380 feet.
POSTER 1: If your form is perfect why are guys throwing that same disc over 400 feet with out flipping it?
DGCR NOOB: You are a troll, I asked about discs, answer my question!

If you don't like out site, there is always DiscgolfersRus.

Oooh, maybe they'll offer a great deal on a 36 Disc set! Amazing value! :thmbup:

Disc_Golf_Set.jpg

The OP claims he throws Nukes 600' in his bag suggestions thread then says he throws 375-450' in this thread. After throwing 450', a 375' shot feels like a dog turd slipped out of your hand. I can only imagine how ****ty a 375' shot would feel after throwing 600', yet he's claiming that's a good rip. The bottom line is the guy is a lying torque monkey so let's move on and lock this bitch down.

Typical new thread
DGCR NOOB: I am flipping a Firebird what should I do
POSTER 1: Fix your form
DGCR NOOB: My form is fine, I can throw 380 feet.
POSTER 1: If your form is perfect why are guys throwing that same disc over 400 feet with out flipping it?
DGCR NOOB: You are a troll, I asked about discs, answer my question!

Love the marketplace, course review section, and most of the people....

He asks a simple question and gets horrible responses. Everyone wants to be a hero. He didn ask " why am i turning over a surge", so he must not be too unhappy with his game. Lets make everyone scared to post cause there afraid of a troll finding a thread from 2 years ago and rocking them for not searching and bash there noob questions.

Lets create a dgcr city where noob trolls rule and build a huge bridge over everything to make them happy.

Love the marketplace, course review section, and most of the people....

He asks a simple question and gets horrible responses. Everyone wants to be a hero. He didn ask " why am i turning over a surge", so he must not be too unhappy with his game. Lets make everyone scared to post cause there afraid of a troll finding a thread from 2 years ago and rocking them for not searching and bash there noob questions.

Lets create a dgcr city where noob trolls rule and build a huge bridge over everything to make them happy.

That was done here? sounds like you are butt hurt about being prerubed in the past.
You saying booter gave bad advice about his form? Jbowdown? I think they nailed it.

Last edited:
That was done here? sounds like you are butt hurt about being prerubed in the past.
You saying booter gave bad advice about his form? Jbowdown? I think they nailed it.

Nope havnt got prerude. And opinions are like a$$holes, most of em stink. If im worried about my form, i will ask. If im asking for a more overstable disc, i will ask. Why shouldnt i get a simple answer?
Of course the guy has oat issues, understable discs go the farthest, i.e. Valkyrie.
I guess i would be a little annoyed if i asked about a disc and was called a liar and told about my poor form.
I know everyone wants to be superman but until someone cries for help, he doesnt give a sh!t.

Nope havnt got prerude. And opinions are like a$$holes, most of em stink. If im worried about my form, i will ask. If im asking for a more overstable disc, i will ask. Why shouldnt i get a simple answer?
Of course the guy has oat issues, understable discs go the farthest, i.e. Valkyrie.
I guess i would be a little annoyed if i asked about a disc and was called a liar and told about my poor form.
I know everyone wants to be superman but until someone cries for help, he doesnt give a sh!t.
All he's doing is wasting time and money looking for news discs when the one he has is perfectly fine.

Comparison: It's like someone saying their Ferrari is too slow so they're going to try Lamborghini, when in reality they don't know how to shift properly.

Couple things...

Surges and wraiths are the same.
Surges and wraiths are high speed.
Forces are discraft's destroyers.
A r pro destroyer will be flippy compared to candy or esp plastic.

A crush, pulse, force, venom, and some hurricanes may provide a stability bump.
In my expierence, a flat z surge is much more stable then the domey esps.
The crush and pulse seem to have less turn then the forementioned.

Heaven forbid we try and help people... I feel that Ball Golf forums don't have such a big problem about people whining about getting advise.

I guess the solution is to not lie about all the information that would be relevant to your question. People aren't going to be able to, or want to, give good advice under those circumstances. The OP said he couldn't handle a Force, but can throw a Nuke 600'; throws a Nuke 480-605 but can't throw a Force? and humps a Surge 375' on "good throws" with uncontrollable turn? That doesn't leave much room for suggestion.

Couple things...

Surges and wraiths are the same.
Surges and wraiths are high speed.
Forces are discraft's destroyers.
A r pro destroyer will be flippy compared to candy or esp plastic.

A crush, pulse, force, venom, and some hurricanes may provide a stability bump.
In my expierence, a flat z surge is much more stable then the domey esps.
The crush and pulse seem to have less turn then the forementioned.

Actually i did a google "prerude" on u and
Wraith diameter 21.2"
Surge diameter 21.3"

Status
Not open for further replies.