• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] For the love of the Bird! ..Teebird that is!

I have a Teebird+ and a TL+. They're not very different in flight, except they may come out of the hand a bit more anhyzer-ish due to the rim angle. Some may find the plus mold more comfortable, but many don't like it. I will say the Teebird+ is my favorite Teebird to throw, except for the DX Teebird.

I found one somewhere, but have never thrown it. I'll have to throw it and see if I even notice a difference.

I ended up ith a 175g GStar Teebird in my temp travel bag. I was hoping it would fly like my 150g Champ TB did when it was newer, and it doesn't quite, flying more like that disc broken in as it is currently. I have to be careful not to give it much, if any, anhyzer, and not expect it to go straight in more than a mild headwind. I'm glad I picked up a N Shock at the same time for headwinds (there were no Resistors). It does get some decent distance, all things considered.

i had four 10x nybos, all are flat, not board flat, but flat and the plastic is stiff. The one I threw was very stable.

Both of my 11x have a slight dome, are less stiff, and have a healthy fade but aren't as OS as I expected them to be after hearing the legends of this disc.

They look and fly exactly like my first star teebird circa late 2000s. They aren't as stiff though. Seems like the 10x might have been the run if you like the really hard plastic.

Oddly enough I finally got a 2nd run FD hoping to kick the KJ out of the bag but I don't think it will. The 11x is exactly in the gap between a 2nd run FD and a fresh S-Line FD.

Also, which teebird out there right now flies the most like an old teebird? One that you can rip on and won't flip over, but just glides for days with a mild fade.

Also, which teebird out there right now flies the most like an old teebird? One that you can rip on and won't flip over, but just glides for days with a mild fade.

Luster Teebird3 and champ glow Teebird3 flew like a 3 year seasoned (lovingly so, not beat) champion Teebird when new for me. They do what you are describing. I figure a champ Teebird3 would also work.

Option 2: turn new Teebirds into old Teebirds.

The stock stamp AJ Stars have been coming out pretty nice. Mild dome, nice plastic and fly just like you describe.

How do echo star teebirds beat in? I know they beat in faster, do they lose LSS and become dead straight or do they develop turn first? I have an old 10x orange kinda CE-ish teeb that is a laser and I want to cultivate a backup. Should I start beating in my echo (of the older postal stamp-stamp variety, not tomahawk) or should I focus on my PFN stars? Life is hard :)

How do echo star teebirds beat in? I know they beat in faster, do they lose LSS and become dead straight or do they develop turn first? I have an old 10x orange kinda CE-ish teeb that is a laser and I want to cultivate a backup. Should I start beating in my echo (of the older postal stamp-stamp variety, not tomahawk) or should I focus on my PFN stars? Life is hard :)

At the very start of beating it in it will lose a bit of HSS but it will even out quickly and then lose LSS. That is how the 3 echostar Teebirds that I have thrown have beaten in for me. They also start out just a bit less stable than your average star teebird.

Echostar the plastic has gone OOP, so you might want to cultivate something else. First world problems, I know....:eek:

So... I gave up on Teebirds after frustration replicating the PFN Star ones I liked.

Got a G Star TB3 in a trade and I'll be darned if they aren't just as bullet straight to fade as I always wanted the newer star ones too be.

Like 370 on a rope every time...

Echo Star teebirds don't command a hefty price in Sweden yet and even if they become sought after it still won't be that much money. I just put another 10x teeb in the bag cuz it's my favorite disc. The pleasure of throwing it exceeds the potential financial gain (I also got it for 10 bucks ��)

Latest posts