• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] For the love of the Bird! ..Teebird that is!

Can't help any of your questions but I did just almost ace a 441' hole with a DX Teebird. Man do they fly exactly how I think they will...guardian tree inches from the basket stopped the awesomeness:wall:

Tour Series Teebird Q:

Could anyone give some opinions of the 2018 KJ Nybo swirlies vs the Jen Allen color glows? Looking for a more stable compliment to my Stalkers & want to give the legendary Teebird a chance. Thanks.

Well no replies so I ordered a 2018 Nybo Teebird. Come on meow, tell me what I should expect.

Well no replies so I ordered a 2018 Nybo Teebird. Come on meow, tell me what I should expect.

Nice and straight with solid fade. Less OS than previous KJs. Stiffer plastic.

Mini stamps are nice also. Softer plastic and a little more turn than other runs.

Just got my '18 Nybo Teebird. Mild dome & a really nice softness to the swirly star. Not as stiff as my swirly Doombird (first run) but not too soft either. Firm with some flex. Excited to work Teebirds back into my game. There's just too much gap between Stalkers & Resistors.

The Jen Allen color glows have been a staple in my bag all year in the straight to overstable fairway slot. Super flat and pretty beefy. I'm pretty disappointed in this years model. I bought one and it's pretty domey. Anybody finding the same thing or are there flat ones out there? Trying to figure out if I should get some 17 backups before they become hard to find or look for better new ones.

The Jen Allen color glows have been a staple in my bag all year in the straight to overstable fairway slot. Super flat and pretty beefy. I'm pretty disappointed in this years model. I bought one and it's pretty domey. Anybody finding the same thing or are there flat ones out there? Trying to figure out if I should get some 17 backups before they become hard to find or look for better new ones.

Why not T3 if you want flat?

Agreed, but the differences are negligible. Why limit yourself to such subtle differences in disc flight? How many pros ONLY throw 3rd run bottom stamped super domey pearly 172 C-PDs or some ****? We're not talking Brinsters vs DX lol...pairing the two seems like an easy solution IMO.

It's the same reason you hear the "throw everything flat vs. wing and nose angle changes" debate.

My 2018 Jen Allen TB is pretty flat, but I don't have a previous year to compare. Love the flight on them though, I need to pick up 2 or 3 more to have backups for cycling

Agreed, but the differences are negligible. Why limit yourself to such subtle differences in disc flight? How many pros ONLY throw 3rd run bottom stamped super domey pearly 172 C-PDs or some ****? We're not talking Brinsters vs DX lol...pairing the two seems like an easy solution IMO.

It's the same reason you hear the "throw everything flat vs. wing and nose angle changes" debate.

This leads to debate of cycling vs out of the box discs. Why not just pick up a bunch of discs that are exactly the same and just beat them in until they work?

Wing and nose angle changes are needed to make certain throws, that a flat line can't hit.

Not trying to start anything, just saying that there are some reasons for things. I never understood a run hoarding mentality, until Discraft rereleased the wasp in ESP plastic. This was a time of where the current production did not match the limited run.

To an extent yes on the cycling thing but not really. It takes a LOT of throws for a premium plastic disc to go from 7/8 on the sleepy down to six and lower. 10 to 8 happens pretty darn quick.

All I'm saying is if someone wants backups is it truly worth the headache of being anal/a perfectionist? None of our forms are so perfect that we CAN execute that *perfect* flat throw. Cheers bud

/grip

My 2018 Jen Allen TB is pretty flat, but I don't have a previous year to compare. Love the flight on them though, I need to pick up 2 or 3 more to have backups for cycling

Let me be clear, The new runs aren't domey, they are like regular stock teebirds, but the 17's were noticeably flat. Similar to a 17 sexton vs a bottom stamp/18 sexton firebird.

This leads to debate of cycling vs out of the box discs. Why not just pick up a bunch of discs that are exactly the same and just beat them in until they work?

Not trying to start anything, just saying that there are some reasons for things. I never understood a run hoarding mentality, until Discraft rereleased the wasp in ESP plastic. This was a time of where the current production did not match the limited run.

This is it pretty much. I like the run and I cycle teebirds, not Teebird3's.

Grip,

I understand that the Teebird3 is a "flat teebird" but they are technically faster and I have noticed a bit less glide out of them. Frankly, while it may seem a bit ludicrous, I like the idea of bagging teebirds as I carry 3-5 on any day and cycle them, and don't really want to just jam a T3 in there when I still have 3 2017 Jen allens and they are readily available on the bay and other places.

I was just asking whether or not the new run was domey from all accounts so I know whether to grab a few extra 17's or just find some flat 18's. If flat teebirds didn't exist I would consider the T3 more seriously, but there are flat ones out there so I don't really have to.

I was getting some real BH distance with my Nybo Teebird in the field today. It's so easy to power into them with some anhyzer and they get sneaky long.

Latest posts