• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] For the love of the Bird! ..Teebird that is!

I was getting some real BH distance with my Nybo Teebird in the field today. It's so easy to power into them with some anhyzer and they get sneaky long.

Right? I love my Nybo. It's my beefy bomber. Hyzers and flex lines for days, can handle all the power I can possibly give it. Compliments my two more seasoned 11x's perfectly.

With the myriad of plastics and runs with teebirds what would you recommend for a good introduction version for someone? I'm thinking of trying the teebird out in the stable-os fairway slot to pair with my FD(stable-us). I'm currently bagging explorers in this slot(opto and opto x)but want to replace them. It is kind of overwhelming how many version there are.

With the myriad of plastics and runs with teebirds what would you recommend for a good introduction version for someone? I'm thinking of trying the teebird out in the stable-os fairway slot to pair with my FD(stable-us). I'm currently bagging explorers in this slot(opto and opto x)but want to replace them. It is kind of overwhelming how many version there are.

Intro to Teebirds = DX

Then get a Champ/Star and start seasoning it. Will be straight to fade, then will become more straight to straight (but will take a while.)

Gstar I think is a good bet for a 0/2 flight if you like the plastic. Some star and champ can be pretty overstable, but others are glidey and mellow.

DX Teebirds are incredible, but they would overlap with your FD. The FD is a good "replacement" for a DX Teebird slot in premium plastic.

I second the gstar suggestion if you want an 0/2 flight.
The fresh champ and stars I've thrown are beefy, unless you have like 400'+ power.

The gstar s are pretty workable once you beat the initial stability off... one round should do it. It will still be a solid tick or two more stable (hss and lss) than a s-fd.

The cost is higher, but I think the Jen Allen Color Glow Champs are a good starting point for Teebirds as well. DX is where it is at and I hear good things about Gstar but I haven't tried it myself.

I've got a 7/10 Jen Allen on the way. I seriously dislike gstar plastic and I figured a used champ would be a good compromise. Hopefully it isn't too beefy but if it is I guess it will be a good headwind driver and will eventually beat in to straight.

Well I decided to switch to teebirds and have my '17 JA coming in the mail then bought 2 pinnacle rivals today. :doh: They were $10 new so I couldn't pass them up. Do they still count as teebirds? :p

Well I decided to switch to teebirds and have my '17 JA coming in the mail then bought 2 pinnacle rivals today. :doh: They were $10 new so I couldn't pass them up. Do they still count as teebirds? :p

Rivals are flat topped, slightly faster, a hair deeper rim, but a tick less glide, so basically a teebird3... same slot IMO.

My local pias has a blue pre AJ Star teebird 160g new for $12. Is it worth picking up? Are these still easy to find? If it weren't for the weight I definitely would've snatched it but if it's a good pick up I may still

My local pias has a blue pre AJ Star teebird 160g new for $12. Is it worth picking up? Are these still easy to find? If it weren't for the weight I definitely would've snatched it but if it's a good pick up I may still

Any TB is a good pickup!

Star Teebirds at exactly 160 gms are not really common, per se. They are being produced, but I think that lots of people view 160 gms to be a good weight for Teebirds, so these get bought up relatively quickly. Retailers pretty much always have 159 gm ones though; one gram lighter, and suddenly it is not as desirable. The runt of the litter.

Pre AJ Teebirds are fairly rare now, from what I see.

The disc is worth buying if you like 160 gm Star Teebirds.

Found an older 175 glitter yesterday. Hoping it has that nice beefy but glidey flight I remember from the 2012-14 ones. The newer ones seem to have a less teebird like flight IMO.

I didn't pick it up but if it is still there next time I go I probably will. To be honest I have never thrown a star teebird let alone one in such a low weight. I'm guessing it will overlap with my FDs quite a bit but if it's rare-ish that is hard to pass up. :p

Latest posts