• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] For the love of the Bird! ..Teebird that is!

I've never been able to keep a star long enough for the US slot. Star Teebirds last me forever.

I know the feeling. It just sits there not getting played with...

I love star but it takes forever to get "just right"

I have stars that are nice and straight but never flippy. I've been close a few times but they ended up lost.

Ranger - I've got no problem hitting trees

Story of my life here in one sentence...

Last edited:
Out of the 6 Pro Teebirds I picked up one of them, the 170g, for some reason doesn't have the new tooling. Same star like shiny plastic as the other 5. I've put a 172g Pro in my bag and it is nice and straight with a slight turn and a late fade.

Are there any major differences in how the new AJs fly compared to the old (before McBeth Destroyers/AJ TeeBirds). i had an AJ and it was as OS as my Champ, I traded it because they were too similar.:doh::wall:

Are there any major differences in how the new AJs fly compared to the old (before McBeth Destroyers/AJ TeeBirds). i had an AJ and it was as OS as my Champ, I traded it because they were too similar.:doh::wall:

New (regular stock stamp AJs) are nothing like the old ones (tour series). New are your typical stock Star discs, stable but not stupid stable.

New (regular stock stamp AJs) are nothing like the old ones (tour series). New are your typical stock Star discs, stable but not stupid stable.

What I should have said was the stock Stars before AJ got the Star TeeBird as a sig disc.

Today I couldn't resist buying the pretty I-dye Climo PFN Teebird from the cheap box of used discs. It was so beat up on the rim I wasn't sure it would fly decent anymore but I took my chances.

It is Pop-top domey and to my surprise, practically as OS as the Fresh Star Avery.

What's your experience with the domey Climo T's?
If nothing else I grabbed a cheap oldschool Teebird to use for headwind drives... :)

I haven't thrown any PFN Teebirds, but domey 12x's are a bit less stable than the flat ones IME. They turn more, it's especially noticable in strong winds, my domey ones turn hard in heavy winds while the flat ones stand up pretty good. These are 12x champions

I haven't thrown any PFN Teebirds, but domey 12x's are a bit less stable than the flat ones IME. They turn more, it's especially noticable in strong winds, my domey ones turn hard in heavy winds while the flat ones stand up pretty good. These are 12x champions

Huh, could it be the I-dye Champ or my speed? No turn at all headwind to 260' even though it's very beat in.

I think on this run the PLH matters a lot. If the wing is high, no matter the dome, it will be pretty stable.

Hey all. Noob here. I literally just bought my first discs less than a week ago.

Of the discs I have thrown so far, the Teebird has become my favorite. I picked up two of them at 175g in DX plastic, but was thinking of upgrading to G Star plastic.

What do you all think? Is that a good way to go?

Thanks

-Dave

Hey all. Noob here. I literally just bought my first discs less than a week ago.

Of the discs I have thrown so far, the Teebird has become my favorite. I picked up two of them at 175g in DX plastic, but was thinking of upgrading to G Star plastic.

Thanks

-Dave

I'm a noob too, but I love my G Star Teebird. This plastic feels great in the hand. I also dunked a 190 ft forehand with it a couple weeks ago so I may be biased!

Thanks

-Dave

TeeBirds are a great disc. GStar would be fine too. Stick with em!

DX TBs were what turned me on to cycling plastic. Between the plastics and wear they can cover a ton of shots.

DX birds are some of my favorites, and are great for a newer player. When new they hold up to most wind. They season in faster to show you the magic of the TB, and they can go really far.

I personally don't care for GStar plastic. The only time I will bag it is when it is really cold or there is snow on the ground, maybe 1 or 2 rounds a year. Loads of people like GStar, I'm just not one.

The G* Teebird is awesome IMO. It has a little bit less of a dump than champion and star, but still has good HSS. Overall it's pretty straight with great glide and carry. It's my favorite blend for Teebirds

Gstar Teebird is a good first step up from DX. It may be more overstable initially but it shouldn't be such an overstable disc that you'll not like it. Definitely a useful disc no matter if you're starting out to add to your DX ones, or if you're a power thrower since they go so far and straight...you shouldn't out grow it. I think Gstar fly the best on average (along with DX).

Latest posts