• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] For the love of the Bird! ..Teebird that is!

Teebird hype is, and always will be real.

Amazing disc.

In the 90s the JLS had been this amazing disc as well, today newer players haven't heard of it at all. The JLS still is amazing, although few bag it now. Maybe the Teebird acchieves this Roc-type of amazingness ... -- Let's see in 15 years!

If I would have to guess today, then I'd say that Destroyers will go the JLS way and the Teebird goes the Roc way. :)

Love me a good QJ. The Crave is what eventually knocked them out of my bag...same thing with the Clutch and old Magnets. Cost vs availability. Here's a picture of my favorite one I used to own.

As for the Roc/Teebird thing I think it's safe to say the Teebird will never be forgotten or go OOP.

Attachments

• 328.jpg
    328.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 40
In the 90s the JLS had been this amazing disc as well, today newer players haven't heard of it at all. The JLS still is amazing, although few bag it now. Maybe the Teebird acchieves this Roc-type of amazingness ... -- Let's see in 15 years!

If I would have to guess today, then I'd say that Destroyers will go the JLS way and the Teebird goes the Roc way. :)

I had a Jls. Sold it but kinda regret it.
Plastic was too finger printy. Was afraid it would crack.

I put my backup 11x KCP in the bag for last weekend's tourney after my last one cracked. It's dark blue and a half tick more HSS with about the same lightly seasoned reliable fade. Anyways, we played flip up after the tourney and I gave it a lot of work. Its gonna be a winner but perhaps a few more minutes spent looking for its darker color.

Now that its off season, I may give that stable TB slot a full tryout to see if I click with another bird more than my 11xKCP blue.

Last edited:
Any embossed Teebirds showing up? I haven't seen any, yet.

I bought a star Teebird 2 weeks ago locally here in Michigan that was embossed. Very nice Bird with an average dome.

Also for the people asking about luster plastic. This summer I bought a Champion luster x-out from dgu that has a Idlewild open stamp. The disc is money. Much firmer than regular champion. Very mild dome. I would highly suggest it to any Teebird thrower. (And this is coming from a guy who primarily throws DX)

Picked up a used star TeeBird from eBay and it had three different color foils:
2iqzqcp.jpg

Didn't weight 168g like the seller claimed, 'twas 161g. BUT, the disc had patent numbers and was penned "S-TB." Ended up being a solid addition to the bag.

I started hunting for patent-numbered 'birds and found they were generally LARGE Innova swoosh with an Avery Jenkins signature of a different foil color.
x2w7wl.jpg

My hunt identified that some Avery signature TeeBirds have the small swoosh
2zdmv7n.jpg

Picked up a used star TeeBird from eBay and it had three different color foils:

Didn't weight 168g like the seller claimed, 'twas 161g. BUT, the disc had patent numbers and was penned "S-TB." Ended up being a solid addition to the bag.

I started hunting for patent-numbered 'birds and found they were generally LARGE Innova swoosh with an Avery Jenkins signature of a different foil color.

My hunt identified that some Avery signature TeeBirds have the small swoosh

Now that's an interesting find regarding the size of the Innova swoosh logo.

Latest posts