• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

force Vs Destroyer? ups and down?

Force is more overstable. I don't see any downside to the destroyer other than to be careful what plastic you get since the Pro Destroyer I bought is actually understable. The Star Destroyer I have flies like a laser beam now and I love it.

If by some miracle I could get a destroyer in Z plastic I would wet myself.

I don't know if this is something worth mentioning because it may have nothing to do with the two disc designs and may only apply to the Destroyer and Force that I throw regularly...

I use both of these discs for hyzer shots, and I've notice that my Destroyer will skip and my Force will plant and sit.

Force is more overstable. I don't see any downside to the destroyer other than to be careful what plastic you get since the Pro Destroyer I bought is actually understable. The Star Destroyer I have flies like a laser beam now and I love it.

If by some miracle I could get a destroyer in Z plastic I would wet myself.

I carry 3 pro Destroyers and 2 champ, none of which is understabel. Pro is less stabel then the other types but it also has the best glide and built in extra distance.

I carry 3 pro Destroyers and 2 champ, none of which is understabel. Pro is less stabel then the other types but it also has the best glide and built in extra distance.

Don't know what to tell you man. You throw it level with any sort of power and it goes anhyzer and doesn't come back. The Star is overstable and is difficult to turn over. The two I carry balance each other out quite nicely but they don't even seem like the same disc. Although I will agree the Pro has more glide to it from my experience.

I haven't thrown a Destroyer in a long time, but I feel like they are almost too comparable to say that either does something the other doesn't. The Destroyer might have a little more glide, but I've never seen them thrown side by side to really prove that, just an assumption from what I've heard/seen over time. I think that the Force is a pretty understated disc though, so I would certainly encourage you to give them a try.

Don't know what to tell you man. You throw it level with any sort of power and it goes anhyzer and doesn't come back. The Star is overstable and is difficult to turn over. The two I carry balance each other out quite nicely but they don't even seem like the same disc. Although I will agree the Pro has more glide to it from my experience.

I will tell you that you have OAT if your flipping that disc when thrown flat. I also have several different types of Pro destroyers, some are like KC pro and others like Star. If I can throw a beat pro destroyer 440-450 on a 75% power hyzer flip and not worry about turnover it tells me it's the thrower not the disc. Only way its the disc is if it's a vulcan top pro.

by the numbers, they have the same glide but might not be so in various plastics...if u throw BH, throw the destroyer...if u throw FH, throw the force

I will tell you that you have OAT if your flipping that disc when thrown flat. I also have several different types of Pro destroyers, some are like KC pro and others like Star. If I can throw a beat pro destroyer 440-450 on a 75% power hyzer flip and not worry about turnover it tells me it's the thrower not the disc. Only way its the disc is if it's a vulcan top pro.

Disc is as flat as they come, and I can guarantee you it's not OAT. Not even a hint of wobble in either of my Destroyers. Maybe it was stored improperly at the sports shop in town, or maybe it's just a defect in manufacturing. The disc is understable and takes an extreme hyzer flip or sub 50% power in order to get it to go straightish. My Star goes slightly right, then straight, then fades left and I can throw it 450+.

^Not always. A *D can turn when new and be flippy when beat in. As for Pro I had a beat one that would turn and burn at anything over 50% power, with no OAT. What you are forgetting is that you are talking about Innova.

Like mentioned before the force is more stable and has a lot more fade in my experience, the destroyer was my go to distance disc for a long time and was replaced.shortly with the force but then I picked up a boss......both great discs though. I personally liked the older stiff glo destroyers and * destroyers the only force ive ever had was z plastic

My experience with these 2 are mostly in ESP and Star plastic, and both are awesome discs, worth carrying.
In general, "good" Forces will probably cost less to replace than "good" Destroyers.
I would agree that Destroyers, in general are easier to throw backhand, than Forces, especially when you get into ones with moderate+ domes. It seems like the required MPH to get the intended flight is slightly slower for Destroyers than Forces, but that's just one way to look at it.
If you compare parting line heights on each disc, and throw discs that have the same PLH's, you may end up with very similar results.
New Forces with a decent dome will likely start off with more HSS and LSS, but ESP breaks in really nicely, and they do get flippy at a certain point. Z Forces with domes are probably a different animal, that are between a Firebird and a Nuke OS.
I have tended to prefer ESP Forces for FH's that need a little extra stability, and Star Destroyers for BH's that need to stay straighter, longer, with a little better glide.
In short, I'd recommend trying both discs, I think you'll like them both! : )

The Z force is my go to distance driver. I can't recommend that disc enough. From what I have seen, the Z force is a pretty consistent mold as well.

i have owned at least 7 destroyers and 3 forces. they do overlap quite a bit. the pink z force is the nicest i have throw. im going against the grain but at least i speak from experience. i have found that max weight destroyers have more hss than max weight forces. the force does have more lss than the destroyer. for 330-380ft power thrown flat both fly pretty dam straight with good fade at the end. thrown on a flex shot ( my preferred distance throw) the destroyer outperforms the force imo. It has a little more hss so i dont have to throw it has high to get it to fade back. also it seems the destroyer has a little more glide. i usually get about 15-20ft further with the destroyers. the area i think goes to the forces is pure hyzer throws. i throw them 350 on a pure hyzer its like the disc is trying to pop up flat as it just flies and flies. so after a long post i give the edge to the destroyers. for me they fly further and more accurately.

If your hyzer flipping your destroyer and it's flipping to flat, it's turning on you.If you release the same disc flat it will track right.

In general, "good" Forces will probably cost less to replace than "good" Destroyers.

THIS. thats my only downside with destroyers, its too hard to find a good one and when you find one you gotta pay $20 for it. I dont think I could ever give up my destroyers though.

From what Im seeing is that the Forces are like a less glidey SDS destroyer. In my opinion that sounds like a pretty good disc. For one it will be about $6 cheaper than an SDS and second it will probably fight the wind a tad better and finally Z plastic will outlive any star disc. I say give it a try, I love discraft discs but haven't worked my way into throwing forces yet

I love both discs, but have basically given up destroyers because of the difficulty in finding the right ones. I'm STILL seeing vulcan-topped destroyers everywhere. Especially in echo*. I tend to get a touch more carry out of a star destroyer than an ESP force, but they're comparable enough that I'm fine carrying the force and with the force, I can order one from an online retailer and not be rolling the dice on whether or not its going to be the same as my last one.

Z forces are also my favorite headwind distance driver as well and outside of really poppy-top echo star destroyers, I haven't found a destroyer that has similar stability.