• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Form Analysis

Your front foot is leading your stride and striding too far wide and snapping your knee back - ouch. Need to finish balanced upright on front leg. I would advise watching Best Downswing weightfsfhift a few times and start on the front leg every shot and work your way backward and be able to mirror back to that balanced start position.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IFO7J3AV5Y#t=5m

I find this an interesting thread because I suspect my issues are pretty similar. How does someone like Alex Geissinger (sp) and his style compare with this?

I find this an interesting thread because I suspect my issues are pretty similar. How does someone like Alex Geissinger (sp) and his style compare with this?
Not sure the question.

Alex vs Simon - Alex just doesn't fully extend the elbow and maintains a wider upper arm angle on the backswing than Simon.

Alex vs OP - Alex doesn't curl/wrap the arm/hand around the rear side of the disc like the OP. Alex keeps his hand on the outside edge of the disc. This is the difference between trying to spin the disc like OP, vs leveraging the disc forward like Alex/Simon.

Last edited:
https://youtu.be/-ifm3W4XRz4
I've been working a lot on being more balanced in my throws and these throws felt like they show the changes I've made. The first throw was definitely my best and it was the only one I released on hyzer. This first throw in the video went about 25' further than the others at about 375' while the others were about 350'. All of these are with 7-speed fairway drivers. Some of these definitely had issues with nose angle that kept them from going as far as they could. Thanks for all the help I've received so far!

What you are doing feels very powerful, but is very inefficient and you are going to hurt yourself. You need to take a few steps back to progress forward.

You are going way too fast and crouching too much on your rear leg and rising into the plant and jamming into your front leg.

You need to slow down and get upright on the rear leg and fall more upright on front leg into the plant "from behind you" with the hips closed to pivot forward.
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118948

Do you have any tips on transitioning from doing these drills inside into actually throwing a disc? I practice a lot of these weight shift drills inside and I can tell that it is very different from when I actually throw (I can feel the brace and how to use my arm as a whip), but as soon as I get a disc in my hand things just don't work.

Last edited:
Are you trying to do an x-step? Maybe thinking too much or worrying too much about where the disc is going or too focused on a result instead of the process?

I don't do an x-step when doing any drills, just a standstill and moving into the plant. When I actually throw, I rarely do a standstill shot unless it is fieldwork or a shorter throw. I never feel like I know where the disc is going when I treat my arm more like a whip, and the disc never seems to be traveling any faster when I do this. I just can't get a feel for how the actual throw is supposed to feel even though drills make sense in my head (and to my body when indoors).

You have to lose control before you can gain control which comes with practice. Loose is fast and on the verge of out of control. Once you get too loose you can tighten it up.

Try cutting some grass or weeds or sticks with your disc.

You shift and turn all the way back to the top of the backswing and then everything goes forward together, instead of starting to transition the hips forward while still in the backswing and creating an elastic stretch in the backswing. So you two separate motions, backswing, forward swing, instead of one blended transitioning motion.

You are also falling over or pushing to the left off your rear foot and trying to stagger your stance too much and your knee snaps because you aren't balanced on it properly to clear your hip.

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133543

Latest posts