• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Form check

Akain132

Bogey Member
What's up y'all per the instructions of the wonderful people who contribute to this forum, I have been working hard on my form. I posted a video of my form about 2-3 months ago and here is the progress I have made. I went from sky high noob hyzers going about 150' to throwing average 275-300' maxing out at about 350-375'. I am starting to turn and burn my understable drivers and I even turned and burned a starlite 154 weight boss that flew 500' to the right (never found the disc). The video is some drives after playing a full round in the south Florida heat. The first drive went about 300' straight and finished left. The second drive I hit a tree I think. And the third drive went about 310' annyed a bit and landed 15 feet from the pin. I know my form is still off and I don't know why i am so low at the end of my throws. Any tips are appreciated!!! https://youtu.be/7lnn1h6VpXA

You are tipping your upper spine back and forth rather than shifting your whole spine/balance back and forth upright in posture and centered dynamically. So your posture is collapsing over like a lawn chair folding through impact instead of extending, and your swing plane is coming down over the top causing you to turn over your discs. You should be finishing chest up to target and swinging more upward/level through the hit.

You are throwing your upper body over your front leg. You should be bracing with your front leg, and pushing forward off your rear leg. Regarding the attached image: From this position you should push up/brace with your front leg and keep your upper body from falling forward past your front leg. The rear foot should be rotated 5º towards your core(keep your feet parallel and close together while x-stepping) and your rear leg should be bent a little more from the knee. (Squat from the knees while x-stepping)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-06-24 at 5.09.44 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-06-24 at 5.09.44 PM.png
    107.5 KB · Views: 14
So here is a drive with me attempting to fix the things you all told me. The drive was pretty good and landed pin high and 30' left. 286' hole. I am noticing I am not throwing my body over my front leg and my drives are improving. I was able to hit a small gap between trees today on 325' hole and I landed pin high 15' away from the basket. I birdied the hole for the first time ever. I feel like I am leaning back when I am swinging through. https://youtu.be/8_HG80bLUC4

You should be leaning back for an anhyzer. You are throwing an airbounce anhyzer(trajectory downward but nose up) though with early release/slipping. Probabaly why you have a blood blister. Your release of the disc is not on plane with your swing causing extra friction. That is a nasty blood blister and going to take like a month or so to heal. Check your grip and alignments. I'd recommend throwing with the 2 finger grip after you heal up, you should feel different pressure points in the grip.

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/dgr/resources/articles/gripittoripit.shtml

Latest posts