• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Funniest Shot

Cali said:
Went out playing in the cold on Saturday.

Threw my Boss on hole 5 Belmont (I think about 390 feet slight downhill) there is an annoying tree dead in the center of the fairway, about 200 feet from the tee. I usually can just throw over it on a slight hyzer but it whacked a couple of branches at the top, continues flight and parked 5 feet behind the basket.

Me and both guys in my group wtf'd.
Funniest SET of throws ever. The same guys we're talking about above, George and Rooster, along with myself and Ziggy Bierekoven are on our way back north from Bowling Green Amateurs in 2008 (Ziggy caddied for George) and we got a nice break in the rain, just long enough to hit a course in Dayton so we chose Belmont. On hole 18 we decided, naturally, to unload our bags. Because, well... go to dgcourereview, look up Belmont, and look at that hole 18. It's just asking for it.

We had this EXACT sequence of shots...

Myself - I had a brand new Quest-AT Double-D. I throw it on a downhill sharp anhyzer. It hits about 20 short, skips, and slams into the front of the basket.

Rooster - I had a brand new Quest-AT Turbo Putt. He decides to swipe it out of my bag and throw a backhand roller. He hits the tree next to the basket, kicks over, and leans on the pole of the hole!

Ziggy - He has a brand new DGA Rogue. He rips a MASSIVE sky anny around and over the trees to the left down the fairway, just massive sky height.... it flexes and comes in... 10 feet from the pin.

George - Tries to copy Ziggy, does a fantastic job getting the MASSIVE and SKY parts of it right. Doesn't quite pull off the anny. We're all left dodging like motherfuckers as his disc comes streaking groundward, smashing just next to the teepad as we all dive out of the way.

Definitely one of the most amusing sequences of throws I've had the pleasure of watching and laughing at. I also tried (and failed repeatedly) at the sky anny.

Hole 18 at Belmont is by far the funnest hole out of the dozens of Dayton area courses.

You can throw ANYTHING on that hole and get it close for how long it is. I've parked it with my Zing mini a couple times.

Unfortunately it is missing the chain rigging currently due to vandalism and DDG isn't planning on repairing/replacing it until springtime. :( It is just a basket with a post in the middle.

Hey, at least they left the basket!

When Firefighter's park had Basket 11 stolen, it took most of the summer for them to replace it!

We had to play it as a tone pole the whole time! Though, I DID have a 150 foot or so, totally blind anhyzer deuce on it when it was like that! Still one of my best disc golf memories!

gretagun said:
My first "ace" was a black ace, and it happened this summer during a tournament at Heritage Park. We were playing 20's teepad to 21's basket, so they had a black garbage bag over 20's basket. I step up to throw my Orc, and let it go on a terrible line. It hit a tree and sailed right into 20's basket. The guys in my group got a pretty good laugh about it. Luckily, I got my first real ace several months later.
Hadn't taken the time to read through this thread until now but when I started to, this is the shot I thought off immediately. I was on gretagun's card and yes we did all get a good laugh out of it. Luckily the TD had made his way over to our group and also witnessed the shot. :lol:

I threw a long putt once that floated up in the wind and landed on the top of the basket. I tried to say it was in the basket but got overruled.

Hole 6 at one of our local pitch and putts is a downhill righty hyzer that parallels a major roadway. A friend of mine yanked his hyzer a bit too much to the right and went out over the road. I was pretty sure that it would hit a passing car or land in traffic, and sure enough a box truck came along and my friend's disc landed right on top of it, skipping off and back over the guardrail and down into the fairway. He didn't birdie it, but we all had a pretty good laugh. :D

SkaBob said:

When Firefighter's park had Basket 11 stolen, it took most of the summer for them to replace it!

We had to play it as a tone pole the whole time! Though, I DID have a 150 foot or so, totally blind anhyzer deuce on it when it was like that! Still one of my best disc golf memories!
That the one that during Firefighter Finale 08 had a temp basket that was CHAINED TO A TREE? That gave me a great laugh that you guys couldn't even trust the basket to stay put through a tournament with a full course! LOL. We don't even have it *that* bad at Ottawa Park in the middle of the ghetto!

ChrisWoj said:
SkaBob said:

That the one that during Firefighter Finale 08 had a temp basket that was CHAINED TO A TREE? That gave me a great laugh that you guys couldn't even trust the basket to stay put through a tournament with a full course! LOL. We don't even have it *that* bad at Ottawa Park in the middle of the ghetto!

You weren't there the several times during leagues that someone DID try to walk off with that basket...And we had 140+ people out there several times it happened!

Rich, suburban, white kids...I swear!

I got a new one! I played a couple days ago with some friends. First hole, first tee I am up to throw last out of the 4 of us. Its a slightly wooded hole, with a slight down hill. I rip my Buzzz hard into the trees and out of nowhere a guy on a bike rides out. I hit him dead nuts straight in the chest from 250 out, could not have been more squared up. I yelled fore, and sorry. Dude did not even look our way once, just kept on riding like nothing happened. 4 inches higher and he might have been dead. We all got a good laugh. First person I have hit that was not my girlfriend.

Latest posts