• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Funniest/weirdest thing you've seen on the course

So does this happen to anybody else? I've noticed that lately I seem to gather way more spectator attention than I used to. Especially people stop driving to watch me throw, that's getting to be about a once a round occurrence. I don't know if it's because I'm throwing a lot farther than people expect or I'm just funnier looking than I used to be or what. I'm tickling just over 400' on a great rip so it's not like I'm Eagle McGurthie over here. It's just weird that it's happening more frequently since DG is getting fairly known among the general public around here. I also had a guy jogging alongside the hole stop running to shout at me how awesome my roller was.

Dude, you're an animal. Just roll with it.

6-7 years ago I was playing a super wooded course off the beaten path in Kent, WA, with my Dad. We on hole 12/13, and as I am throwing my tee shot, my car alarm goes off. I thought maybe I hit the panic button on the key fob in my pocket, so I just hit it again, and my alarm stopped. No biggie, we finish our round. When we were done and got back to the car, I looked up to see my passenger side rear window smashed out and the front door slightly a jar. Right under the front door there was a small pile of something black and pink. I started flipping out and getting all pissed off, as I rummaged through my SUV trying to figure out what they took. Luckily, I do NOT keep anything of value in my vehicle and all they got was a cheap mp3 player. I get out of the vehicle and my Dad is looking at me with a very odd look. He asks if my Wife keeps stuff in my car. No, why? Well, the black and pink pile under the passenger front door was two, brand new looking, Victorias Secret bras that the D!@#$ that shattered my window had left behind in the haste of trying to getaway quickly. I am sure the bras were stolen, too. Of course, as timing is key, a King County Sherriffs Deputy pulled into the lot at that moment and got to hear all of what had transpired in the past 20 minutes. I don't think I ever went back to that course again, before we moved out of state.

6-7 years ago I was playing a super wooded course off the beaten path in Kent, WA, with my Dad. We on hole 12/13, and as I am throwing my tee shot, my car alarm goes off. I thought maybe I hit the panic button on the key fob in my pocket, so I just hit it again, and my alarm stopped. No biggie, we finish our round. When we were done and got back to the car, I looked up to see my passenger side rear window smashed out and the front door slightly a jar. Right under the front door there was a small pile of something black and pink. I started flipping out and getting all pissed off, as I rummaged through my SUV trying to figure out what they took. Luckily, I do NOT keep anything of value in my vehicle and all they got was a cheap mp3 player. I get out of the vehicle and my Dad is looking at me with a very odd look. He asks if my Wife keeps stuff in my car. No, why? Well, the black and pink pile under the passenger front door was two, brand new looking, Victorias Secret bras that the D!@#$ that shattered my window had left behind in the haste of trying to getaway quickly. I am sure the bras were stolen, too. Of course, as timing is key, a King County Sherriffs Deputy pulled into the lot at that moment and got to hear all of what had transpired in the past 20 minutes. I don't think I ever went back to that course again, before we moved out of state.

Sooo... did the bras fit your wife? Just curious. :\

Playing a few warm up holes while waiting for my buddies to arrive at Jones park in Holly Springs, NC I was distracted by a car pulling in that looked like my buddy, I threw my up shot on hole 1A a little nose down with a tail wind so I ended up a few feet short of the basket. A little guy (maybe 7 or 8) on the elementary school playground watching me proffers the advice that if I keep my arm straight the disc will not end up short. He was right of course but it just struck me as funny.

Cops in camo near a secluded basket in Plano,TX looking to bust people smoking dope. It was weird to begin with but then when we said hello to them they didn't move or respond. Dude we saw you, go waste our tax money on something else please.

Wow! That's something bizarre right there...

I had my purple Warden go astray off the tee on a short hole. It was a bit right of the fairway, which is really tight. I looked for a bit, then figured I might as well look up, since it wasn't anywhere in sight on the ground. I'm thuper thmart that way...

Anyway, I didn't see mine, but lo, and behold! Another (white) disc was up a skinny tree. I gave it a shake, and as I'm watching it tumble, the Warden dislodges from somewhere higher up and proceeds to bounce off my head. Two for one!

Epilogue: I sent a text to the number on the disc (it turned out to be a super-beat Roc of some stripe), and never heard back. Used it a couple of times very successfully, and bagged it. Fast forward two weeks, and I'm randomly carded with three guys for a dubs round at the same course. I pulled it out for a shot, and one of the guys sort of whispers, "I think that's my disc."
Sure enough, it was. It was his name, but an old phone number. I showed him my unanswered text to prove my good-heartedness, and he offered to let me keep it.
"No effing way. I knew when I found it that it was someone's favorite..." He bashfully admitted that it was, indeed, a favorite, and was super-stoked to have it back.

I love disc golf, and the People Who Do It Right.

The other day I was at my local 9 hole pitch and putt practicing forehand rollers, skip shots and basic utility shots with a couple of Banshees and Firebirds and after throwing two shots, along the park service road that runs along the 9nth fairway, this car pulls off the road, parks and out come 5 women in thier 40's and they start to walk next to the fairway and just stand there.

Well, I can't throw now, so I start walking down the fairway to pick up the two discs I threw and one of them yells to me, we want to see you throw'! I walk up to them and show them that if I hit you with one of these, someone is going to the hospital!

So they start asking me all sorts of questions after seeing that they are not beach frisbies; how the game is played, are there leagues, what do the discs do, how do you throw them? So I showed them a flex, a roller, a skip shot, some forehands and the conversation continued a bit and I asked them if they were interested in playing? No, they said, they just heard about it and were driving by to see what the deal was. Was fun chatting with them though, then they got back in thier car and drove off.

Walking by the first tee there were two guys sitting on the bench watching this whole scenario and I said; who said you can't meet women playing disc golf!

Dude, you're an animal. Just roll with it.

Today I made a dog walker go "woo" after I threw something probably like 350'+. It wasn't a Ric Flair woooo! but it was a "that went appreciably farther than I was expecting" woo. *chuckles*

At this point I'm more inspired to throw farther and farther not for my scores but just to get reactions from normies. :|

The other day I was at my local 9 hole pitch and putt practicing forehand rollers, skip shots and basic utility shots with a couple of Banshees and Firebirds and after throwing two shots, along the park service road that runs along the 9nth fairway, this car pulls off the road, parks and out come 5 women in thier 40's and they start to walk next to the fairway and just stand there.

Well, I can't throw now, so I start walking down the fairway to pick up the two discs I threw and one of them yells to me, we want to see you throw'! I walk up to them and show them that if I hit you with one of these, someone is going to the hospital!

So they start asking me all sorts of questions after seeing that they are not beach frisbies; how the game is played, are there leagues, what do the discs do, how do you throw them? So I showed them a flex, a roller, a skip shot, some forehands and the conversation continued a bit and I asked them if they were interested in playing? No, they said, they just heard about it and were driving by to see what the deal was. Was fun chatting with them though, then they got back in thier car and drove off.

Walking by the first tee there were two guys sitting on the bench watching this whole scenario and I said; who said you can't meet women playing disc golf!

This sounds exactly like the beginning of a Penthouse Forum letter. Or at least this is what I imagine one would read like. I've never read one myself obviously.

Me and my buddy were at a chill spot on a local course a couple of days ago, getting ready to chill, when about half a dozen police officers come running up to us. We can also hear police car sirens probably bringing even more officers. My heart is pounding. One of the officers says "hey have you seen a guy wearing a white t shirt and orange tennis shoes?". What? "We have an escaped prisoner on the run and were told he came this way...". This all happened out of no where so it took me a second to process what was happening. When I finally did all I could say was "um no, I just got here" as if that makes any difference. They kept going and it ended as fast as it started. We kept hearing helicopters for a while...not sure if they ever caught the guy but we were on the lookout. They told us to dial 911 if we saw him.

This sounds exactly like the beginning of a Penthouse Forum letter. Or at least this is what I imagine one would read like. I've never read one myself obviously.

No, if it would have been a Penthouse forum letter, the women would have been models, or part of the traveling beach volleyball team:p

Yes, I've read a penthouse forum letter before. I feel so ashamed :D